1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Matt Rubano, Taking Back Sunday - New Again

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by omoxrawr, May 10, 2010.

1. omoxrawr

omoxrawr

Mar 23, 2008
    Anyone know what pedals Matt Rubano is using for this track? The bass sounds amazing and I want to do something similar for when I track a song like this with my band. Thanks!

2. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Post a link to the audio?

3. Eric!

Eric! Commercial User

Jan 22, 2009
    America's High-Five
    Mojo Hand FX
    For Bongo: MUSIC!

edit: dangit, I totally had the full version. just google it if more is necessary

Sounds fuzzy. Probably a muff?

4. whoatherechunk

whoatherechunk

Apr 4, 2008
    i don't keep up with taking back sunday but last i heard they were here in el paso, tx since they were going to record at Sonic Ranch. anyways.....sweeet bass sound. someone slap me if i sound wrong but the dirt more tube-screamerish od rather than a big muff bassed fuzz. in the studio all things can be manipulated but to me it doesn't sound super muffy.

5. lowmid

lowmid

Feb 2, 2005
    belgium
    I'd say a big muff bass on the clean blend position , this should get you very close! and a J bass

6. wetzelman1

wetzelman1

Feb 12, 2009
    from pedalboardsofthestars.

7. bri

bri

Jul 6, 2009
    I can get something pretty close with a Bass Big Muff set to Clean --> modified Tube Screamer TS7 (I basically just swapped a couple resistors and caps in order to make it a little cleaner and increase low end for bass) --> EQ boosting the low end and cutting the low mids. I bet those new bass Tube Screamers would sound as good or better than my TS7, and if you have an amp that overdrives real well you could probably just use that, though it sounds better with an EQ after the overdrive, before a relatively clean amplifier.