Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Matt Till Rules!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Matt Till, Sep 1, 2005.

1. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    One time, I saw him play a bass solo while killing zombies with a sword. Plus he was like in a band. Then one time, he was playing so fast his amp was on fire, but he was like screaming. So nobody cared, they were just so rocked.

I heard he uses swear words in real life.

2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Matt Till vs. zombie Cliff Burton?

3. McHaven

McHaven

Mar 1, 2005
    I heard he's 12 feet tall and eats nothing but beef jerky but it isn't really beef but actually the meat of giraffes he shot while on safari on the plains of Africa. After he shot the giraffes, he pulled out a 120 neck bass and soloed on every neck at once. It was the most god awful sound but it moved me!

4. oversoul

oversoul fretless by fate

Feb 16, 2004
    Portugal
    where can I find matt tll tabzz? IMO he kickz fieldyz *ss :bassist:

5. Yeah man. A troop of echoes, this crappy jazz-prog band wishes they had Matt Till as the bass player. He'd kick their asses.

6. WWMTD?

7. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    I went to get Mat Till's newest release, Ambience on a Stick, and the cd store said they didn't have it.

I was like, "Dang." So I picked up a Tiny Tim cd.

8. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    So, heres how I remeber it. Matt Till just got off a gig, right? It was like 5 AM, and he started at 9 PM the previous night. It was just him, solo all night. But he was playing so fast. He used all six fingers on his right hand.. I'm pretty sure he killed some guys dad... so, this means he was playing fast. All night. He wanted to go home, but it was like encore after encore. Eventually, he broke all 17 of his basses he brought to his gig. He didn't smash them, he just played them too awesome and the basses spirt was broken, it couldn't handle sounding that awesome. Usually they snap at the neck, but sometimes they just turn into powder or spontaneously combust.

So he tricked the audience into thinking he was going home to get another dozen basses or so, but in reality, he grabbed seven chicks and went home and had sex with them in a swimming pool full of virgin blood and fire. The chicks all died, but I think Matt's like totally fireproof, so he turned out alright.

9. chimp

chimp

Dec 4, 2004
    South Africa
    I heard he fell off a truck when he was young and broke his leg and so that means he can play better than most animals and all humans. He such a nice guy he even spat on me at his concert.

10. phxlbrmpf

phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Germany
    Sounds intriguing! How little strings did Matt Till need?

11. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Matt Till was the father of every kid in town. He was just shy of 9 feet tall and weighed in at 450 lbs. I once walked in on my wife and Matt Till making love and it was the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen.

12. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    He gets me stoned with his music.

13. conk97

conk97

May 2, 2005
    redditch, uk
    I heard that Matt Till once ate Andre the Giant as a snack while playing some crazy funk solo

14. they say he carved his bass from a bigger bass...

15. Phe

Phe

May 30, 2005
    Oulu, Finland
    I actually killed a man who insulted Matt Till. Hit him with my Matt Till signature bass. It made so beautiful sound when the bass hit the perps head that I wrote a song about it. It's called "No rest Till morning"

16. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    I hear he can shoot lightning bolts from his....

-Ray

17. Syeknom

Syeknom

Oct 17, 2004
    Leuven, Belgium
    If I were Matt Till, I would be cooler than everyone. And be able to kill ninjas.

18. ashbory

ashbory

Jun 13, 2000
    The Hammer
    Matt Till only needed no strings.

19. If it wasn't for Matt Till, I would have spent that year in college.

His awesome voice can make whales explode! :smug:

20. ladros2

ladros2

Jun 2, 2005
    Ireland
    I once saw him put a metal ring on his finger, and vibrate it over the pickups to make the sound, he could hit ANY note with it, he can also eat 51 marshmallows and sixteen packets of bacon. In one bite.