Matt Vs. The Rednecks: Part II

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Matt Till, Nov 17, 2004.

1. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    or III... or IV... I've lost count. Plus Roman numerals... my lord. :D

OK, so I'm in this metal video for my friends project. I wrote the song, he sang it (quite bad) but this is another story all together. Regardless, I bought a long black haired wig. Looks quite metal I might add.

We were going Bowling, unfortunatly, the Rednecks feel that the bowling alley is their sanctuary from us college kids. So, I decided it would be a good idea to wear my wig with a winter hat. I looked like a giant stoner, it was quite amusing.

We get their, and we are getting the usual looks of "what the hell are college kids doing here." We bowled for two games, where I would vary between wig and no wig. Just to convice them that we are crazy college kids up to no good. Third game, a marine guy comes up to me and I'm wearing the wig.

He says, "Is that really your hair." And I said, "Yes, it is." Pause for 5 seconds and take it off. He said, "Good, because I was worried about you... REALLY WORRIED." All bad ass and marine like. Then, like a coward, he took off. His friends were egging him on to say that to me all night, so he waited until the very end to ask me. And let me tell ya, it was clever.

I was a little pissed, my friends were very pissed. I wanted to chill, my friends wanted to kick his ass. So we end up following him outside. He runs to his truck and drives away quite fast. I'm glad to think a guy like that is defending our country. At this point, I'd like to say:

People ask me everywhere
    "Is that really all your hair?"
    I just tell `em, "If it ain't
    Then it sure don't mean
    That now I can't"

I just don't believe it's fair
    To judge a girl by the length of her hair

Take two words like "hip" and "square"
    The truth will shine and not your hair
    Even the blind can almost see
    What's outside you and inside me

Down or high, truth or lie
    A weak girl's laugh can be
    A strong girl's cry

Black or blond or nappy or fair -
    You can't judge nobody by hair
    If I thought that you would care
    I'd wear a wig up under my hair

Down or high, truth or lie
    A weak girl's laugh can be
    A strong girl's cry

I'm getting sick of Rednecks.
  2. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    One huge :eyebrow: .

This thread is officially about the new issue of Bass Player. Edgar Meyer and Bela Fleck? Does it get any better?
  3. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Yes: hookers and blow.
  4. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

you sure he was a U.S. Marine ?
    be very careful when messing with an all out , fully trained Marine .

maybe he was just some short haired guy , not really a harda$$ at all ... looks can be very decieving .
    sounds to me like your friends are the ones with the attitude problem , they wanted to chase him and kick his a$$ after all ... jmo ... be cool
  5. Thee

Feb 11, 2004
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Oh... now I want a wig... especially when I go back home.

What's that song Matt?
  6. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    you guys go into a bowling alley with the intention of making people around you uncomfortable, and then your friends wanted to beat someone up over asking you about your wig? sounds like your friends are the ones with the problem, not the rednecks.

7. Dirty Road Cola

Dirty Road Cola Guest

Sep 8, 2000
    Gainesville, FL
    Yeah, you're a moron. Sorry for the ad hom attack, but dear lord man, have some sense.
  8. Have to agree.
  9. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    He wasn't called StupidMatt for no reason.
  10. I don't know about all that. My older brother was a marine.
  11. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I fought and wrecked more than one Marine, but I'm big and mostly numb. The thing about Marines; they are all different, just like any other group. As an organization, I have great respect for them, but there are always a few bad apples, the Marines are no exception.

Matt, I sort of see where your going with that, but chasing someone out to their car, (or following them in an intimidating fashion) is never cool. Also, he might have shot you.
  12. Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    I'm with you Matt - Fight the Power! Don't let the man get you down....

nah just acted like a're lucky you still have your arms attached! :D
  13. I can't think of a moral for this story other than, "Don't go to the bowling alley."

Are you sure the guy was starting trouble and not just genuinely curious about your whig?
  14. It helps to have crooked cop friends. But those are easily acquired w/ blow and hookers.
  15. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    So, how many of your friends were there that followed the guy to his truck??

Cool. :rolleyes:
  16. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Maybe it was Mike Money's sister's boyfriend.

brad cook
  17. I know you're a big ATHF next time you're talking to a redneck, speak only using Schoolly D or MC Chris lyrics
  18. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Matt Till? Matt Till. Matt Till!

Matt Till.
  19. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Matt Till the cows come home.
  20. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan

nah, the man matt describes is far to manly.