Matthews Effects The Engineer - Foundational Bass Overdrive

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by emjazz, Sep 7, 2017.

1. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
    blindrabbit and freedomryder like this.
  2. me too, wish the video was better

emjazz likes this.
  3. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    Anyone try one yet?

4. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    Looks like they pulled the original video and replaced it. I put the new one up above. Mr. Excane made one as well...

freedomryder and jazznrick like this.
  5. 2010P

2010P Inactive

May 13, 2017
    The wording of the ad copy and the sound lead me to believe this is a Klon clone for bass. I wonder if I am right or not.

6. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    My impression is that it began with that, probably derived from their Architect pedal. Sounds much more versatile than any of the Klones that I've owned (which I've always liked).

2010P likes this.
  7. 2010P

2010P Inactive

May 13, 2017
    Cool. Thanks. My Dunwich Shalashaska is still on my board after many weeks (a miracle btw) so I'm good for Klones for now, but this one does sound great.

emjazz likes this.
  8. 40Hz

40Hz Supporting Member

Think I'll stick with my Broughton Alex-1 preamp and Southampton Fifth Gear V2 OD for the time being. The demos don't have me hearing voices. At least not so far.

Love to hear a TBer's opinion who owns one. Looks to be a robust little pedal. And anything based on a Klon vibe is usually promising.

blindrabbit likes this.
  9. 2010P

2010P Inactive

May 13, 2017
    Promising yes, but any bass specific Klon has to really pump up the lows. The Klon is so mid and treble focused. Killface Foxpedal was nice although not trebly enough. This one definitely has promise.

40Hz and jazznrick like this.
  10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 17, 2021