1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Maurice Fitzgerald and His Bass Mods Bass......

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Mr_O'B, Nov 29, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Mr_O'B

Mr_O'B

Feb 22, 2015
    For all the Maurice Fitzgerald a video of him playing his
    signature Bass Mods bass.

Gospel Bass Player likes this.
  2. Very nice...Maurice Fitzgerald on bass. I like that white five string he plays. The one with the white pearloid block inlays and the tort pickguard. I wonder if it's a Fender ?

Mr_O'B likes this.
  3. Mr_O'B

Mr_O'B

Feb 22, 2015
    Does it look anything like this? White, gold, black and a maple fretboard is a great look!
    Bass%20Mods%20%20K5%20-%20White%20with%20Gold%20Inlays_zpso4ih2qoq.gif

4. Yeah man...I think that's it. I saw a link for Performance Basses...perhaps that is it ! $2,500.00 to start...

5. What's the name brand of the bass pictured ?

6. Maurice is holding down the groove...

Mr_O'B likes this.
  7. Mr_O'B

Mr_O'B

Feb 22, 2015
    That's a Bass Mods bass in the picture. Maurice has a Bass Mods Signature, and he use to play a Performance Bass.
    Well, he has played a little bit of everything (Fender Suhr, Performance Bass, Wyn Bass, etc...)! :D;)

8. Mr_O'B

Mr_O'B

Feb 22, 2015
    Definitely holding down the groove with his Performance bass.

9. Mr_O'B

Mr_O'B

Feb 22, 2015
    Maurice holding down the grove with his Wyn bass.
    Most bassists are fickle, so I think it's when funny
    when people buy basses just because a well known bassist is playing a particular brand.

My favorite Michael Manson video!

Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
  10. Mr_O'B likes this.
  11. Mr_O'B

Mr_O'B

Feb 22, 2015
    IMO, the only knock against Bass Mods is the weight. "Most" of their builds are heavyweights.
    If a person doesn't care about heavyweight then Bass Mods is a great bass to own.

My preference is 9.2 lbs. or less.

12. phillybass101

phillybass101

Jan 12, 2011
    Artist, Trickfish Amplification Bartolini Emerging Artist, MTD Kingston Emerging Artist. Artist, Tsunami Cables
    I don't know Dude personally but I like the way he plays. But there has never been a bigger gear Whore in the industry. I've heard stores about him and basses. He signs on for a while then Flips Basses to get the next new Fad. As a Player though he's Nice. Who can argue with a Cat that has played for Fred Hammond. If another Bassist hires you to play Bass for them you are quite Legit. A lot of souful Bass Playing is happening in Gospel and the Smooth Jazz Industry I think recruits in the Church.

13. Bassman415

Bassman415 I make the floor shake Supporting Member

Nov 17, 2008
    city of angels
    Amen bro. Homeboy is god damn fraud and thief - plain and simple. He has screwed over countless luthiers that it is not even funny. I hope karma bites him in the ass one day

14. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 11, 2021