Max power from my rig

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassplayerjojo, Mar 24, 2002.

1. I am getting the Gallien Krueger 1001RB. Its 540W at 4 ohms. I'm getting a 212 to start, and then eventually a 410 or something of the sort. Now, to make sure I get the max power from my amp, I would want to get both cabs at 8 ohms, right? It would just mean that I would get only 340W for awhile, until I get my other cab. (This is what the head puts out at 8 ohms). Am my right on this, just wanted to make sure before hand.
  2. OK I'll bite!!! Yeah, if you want to get max power out with 2 cabs then get 2 8Ohm cabs and make sure that they're wired in parallel. Normally daisy chaining them from one output achieves this, as 2 8 Ohm cabs in parallel results in a 4 Ohm load.

Have you ever thought about getting one 4 ohm cab that can handle the power??? Just a thought!!!

Oh yeah, if the amp puts out 340W at 8 Ohms then that'll be what you get with one 8 Ohm cab.
  3. I did think about getting a 4 ohm cab to start, but then when I get another one, I won't have max power, so, I'll just deal with the 340 watts for now. I'm sure it won't be too terrible. =)
  4. ChenNuts44

Nov 18, 2001
    Davenport, IA
    even at 8 ohms, you'll have plenty of headroom on the gk.