Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Max Valentino's "Alegria"

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by BrettAM, Jun 14, 2002.

1. Might anyone know where I could find a Tab of Max Valentino's "Alegria" or "A Caravan of Dreams"?

2. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    you are lucky

maybe he can tab it himself, search for him in these forums

3. maxvalentino

maxvalentino Endorsing Artist Godin Guitars/ Thomastik-Infeld

ok.....Thanks for the compliment! I am thrilled someone is really interested in learning my tunes! Writing them out could be a bit time consuming...and tabs for those do not exist. Actually those two tunes from my CD are complete improvs ("Caravan Of Dreams" is actually a live recording from the Solo Bass Looping Tour with Michael Manring and Steve Lawson; the chord structure is composed but the arrangement and melodies are completely improvised from that show...no overdubs, no edits)
    Ironically, I just spent the afternoon "re-learning" both those tunes for a couple of solo shows I have this weekend (thought it might be a good stimulus to purchase the CD if folks heard some cuts from it!)
    I made some cursory notes on both, in standard notation ( I seldom if ever tab anything), but might find some time to tab them out for you..or at least the general "themes" ("Caravan" has about six distinct melody/harmony lines, both played and looped).
    send me an e-mail...ekstasis1@hotmail.com

Max

4. Thanks for getting involved, I was a bit worried that there would be no tab (or standard notation) for those particular songs since they are improvs. I hope some people buy your Disc, there's some great compositions on there (Hidden Road comes to mind). Anyway, I remember in your synopsis that you included with the CD you said that Here & Now was a fully planned composition... I don't suppose you've got a copy of that lying around? No pressure though. Thanks for respoding!

P.S. Are you considering doing another solo tour? I'd love to see you perform sometime!