Max Webster & Rush - Battle Scar

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by keb, Oct 2, 2005.

1. keb

Mar 30, 2004
    Love this song, it's been on repeat in my playlist all morning. Love Geddy's weird wailing towards the end "welllllll feeeeel the wwaaaaaaayy I feeeeeeaaaaeeeeeealaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAaAAaaaallllllL!!!!"

Just thought I'd alert the internet. ;)
  2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Thanks. ;)

I've got that album on Vinyl... it is kind of a hidden Geddy treasure, not many people know about it, and it's one of my favorite Geddy tunes.
  3. Scroller

Jul 16, 2005
    Another "hidden Geddy treasure": Take Off (to the Great White North)...

heh, heh...yeh, his pipes were at their prime right around the Permanent Waves, Moving Pictures 1980 period...
  4. darkblack99

darkblack99 Supporting Member

They just about broke the board at Manta sound for that song...24 track, both bands live off the floor, no overdubs.

The deal was, whoever released an album first got to put it on...It would have been on Moving Pictures if Max hadn't put out Universal Juveniles.

Too late to save a great band - R.I.P, Toronto Tontos
  5. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    That song would have really really clashed on Moving Pictures.
  6. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ahh..High School memories. Great cut.
  7. darkblack99

darkblack99 Supporting Member

Terry Brown would have mixed it much differently from Jack Richardson, methinks.
    I remember some people having a hard time getting their heads around the side two sequencing/content of MP at first, also...But hindsight won't save us from reality.
    And I must ;) self-correct...Battlescar was recorded at Phase One Studios (also 24 track circa 1980), rather than Manta Sound...Thank you, vinyl LP linernotes

8. Toward the end, after the guitar widdlies, they sing a heap of "yeaaah!"s.

Geddy absolutely nails it - it is the best "yeaah" on record, period. :hyper: :D

Yes, a great, great choon.
  9. wyrtti

wyrtti Supporting Member

Oct 24, 2000
    Helsinki, Finland
    Thanks for reminding me about this song and about Max Webster...have to dig out my vinyls.

Although, come to think of it, I've been humming "I'll run, I'll run to Niagara..." lately...