1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Maximise the power of svt7pro

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Andrew Davey, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Andrew Davey

Andrew Davey

Oct 8, 2019
    So the SVT 7pro runs 600w into 8 ohm and 1000w into 4ohm.

I intend to run it with a single 410 cab.

Am I right in saying that to maximise the power of the amp and speaker cab, using a 4ohm 1000w cab would be best?
    Using an 8 ohm 1000w cab would only receive 600w and therefore only have available 60% of its capability?

Considering one of the following cabs:
    -Ampeg Pro Neo PN410HLF 8ohm 850w
    -EBS Evolution Neoline pro 1000w 4ohm

Thoughts on quality, reliability, experience with either cab etc welcome

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    If you're using a 410, running it at 8 ohms IS maximizing it and then some. And honestly, it's going to be so loud at that point that unless you're playing in a doom band in a very large venue with no PA, you're never going to crank it up any farther than that, lest you get the band fired.

rodl2005 likes this.
  3. Andrew Davey

Andrew Davey

Oct 8, 2019
    So essentially it's a moot point... Either of these cabs would have substantial power at their fingertips regardless of the differing watts/ohm ratings.

JimmyM likes this.
  4. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    That is what I believe for sure.

Passinwind likes this.
  5. is such a loaded and inappropriate word in front of 600w.

Andrew Davey likes this.
  6. Andrew Davey

Andrew Davey

Oct 8, 2019
    Fair comment!

7. Lovep

Lovep Supporting Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    I have the PN410HLF and I love it with the 7Pro. It goes deep and still has crispy highs. This is the last 410 cab I will ever need. It’s a great combination!

600w into the cab is crazy loud...so loud that it will literally hurt yourself if you’re not careful.

I use the -15db pad a lot so I can really crank the gain/volume. The amp seems to really come alive when I’m really pushing it.

Andrew Davey likes this.