1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Maxon FL-9 / Ibanez FL-9 comparison anyone?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by fishtx, Aug 24, 2007.

1. fishtx

fishtx Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Genzler Amplification/Spector Basses/Mojo Hand FX
    I did a search, and found some information (mostly on the Maxon) on these two Flangers, but no real direct comparison information between the two. Is there anyone out there that has used both, or possibly done a bake off between the two?

I know the Maxon is true bypass, and has the "compander" chip, but from a pure flanging sound and tone...how do these two units compare?

thanks...

2. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    I haven't tried both but I did own the Maxon. It was a great flanger. Nice warm tone and lots of flexibility. If I had room on my board it would be the next pedal on it.

3. fishtx

fishtx Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Genzler Amplification/Spector Basses/Mojo Hand FX
    I've heard some good things about both units...just never really had any information on a direct comparison/shootout. I have had pretty good experience with both Maxon and Ibanez pedals...I guess I'm wondering if true bypass and the compander chip in the Maxon are worth the extra $140...

4. lomer

lomer

Mar 20, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    Anyone???? I'd really like to see some comparison reviews also, I dont particularly like the idea of payin all that extra just for TB + some different chip if it aint worth it....

5. Swift713

Swift713

Dec 4, 2006
    Florence, Ma
    Well, for the cost of return shipping you could always order both and return the one you like least. I plan to try that approach with ODs/pre amps some day. I think.

6. johans

johans G.U.I - Groovin' under influence

Oct 28, 2004
    the Bay Area, CA
    many has hated BOSS .. but the BF-2 and BF-3 have great reputation of themselves.. beside being so colorfully color your board..