Maxwell Murder by Rancid

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by RippinItUp, Nov 21, 2004.

1. Just wondering if anyone has tabbed out the bass solo near the end of the song. I've got the rest of the song but have spent countless hours listening to the bass solo trying to figure it out but haven't gotten very far.

I think Matt Freeman probably had that in mind when he was creating it. I'd probably be the same way though. :)
  2. the new december issue of BP has it...if that helps...
  3. I'm actually suprised at how many people ask for this. People need to realise that this is a very substandard solo compared to all others. It goes for about 15 seconds and is pretty boring. I learnt this solo a long time ago, and I thought it was the **** back then, but now i realise its actually of very poor quality. Throw away rancid my friend and open up your eyes to stu hamm, jaco pastorious, victor wooten etc.

On topic: Ad far as i know the bass player version of the tab is very innacurate, in fact i have found over the years that many tabs in that magazine are off by quite a way. MXtabs has some good ones but some down right crap ones also. Ultimate Guitar has a great one plus a good tutorial on high speed picking which might help a little for this solo if your have trouble with the speed.
  4. I wouldn't say throw away Matt Freeman and Rancid by any means. Jaco, Vic, and Stu Hamm are all obviously killer bassists, but maybe he isn't into their genres of music? If you are into punk, Rancid has some of the best bass lines around.
  5. Suckbird

Suckbird Banned

May 4, 2004
    Good, now we all know's you are much better than matt freeman. Throw him away :eyebrow:
  6. Nah man, i wasn't saying im better. If i was i would be famous! I was just saying, there are alot of better bassists and solo's out there than these mainstream ones.
  7. vyse933

Mar 31, 2006
    Grand Haven, MI
    hmm..i'm bumping this dead thread, because both of those links to mxtabs don't lead to any tabs obviously. does anyone have this solo tabed out? it may be a simple solo, but it's one of those i just wanna get under mybelt. (especially because of my punk-loving friends)
  8. has a few different versions of this song. Not sure about the solo, though.