Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

May as well vote on the bunch.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Introvox, Mar 25, 2004.

Ritter Basses - Looks only

Poll closed Apr 1, 2004.
  1. Like the Classic

4 vote(s)
    12.1%
  2. Don't like the Classic

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Like the Raptor

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  4. Don't like the Raptor

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  5. Like the Roya

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  6. Don't like the Roya

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  7. Like the Seal

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  8. Don't like the Seal

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Like the Jupiter

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  10. Don't like the Jupiter

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  11. Like the Okon

10 vote(s)
    30.3%
  12. Don't like the Okon

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  1. Introvox

Introvox

May 21, 2001
    Ontario, Canada
    These Ritters are like outta hand.

Lets vote on em.

Post your comments too.

Jupiter

Okon

Raptor

Roya

Classic

Seal

Entire Website

Some of these are just crazy...the Raptor has 14 bolts (in an S configuration) holding neck to body....sweet!

2. Introvox

Introvox

May 21, 2001
    Ontario, Canada
    ooops...how do I edit the poll...need multiple choices.

3. classic 4 and the roya 4

i dont care much for the others

4. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I'm a fan of just about all Ritter body styles-Jens really breaks out of the traditional mindset and creates some gorgeous instruments.

5. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Agreed! Some I like better than others, but I dislike none.

6. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    Jupiter. Apart from its sculptural appeal, I like the fact that it has no controls on the front.

7. JerseyFunk

JerseyFunk

Jan 8, 2004
    Personally I think they're all ugly and uncomfortable looking. But that's JMHO.

8. sheepdog

sheepdog

Feb 20, 2003
    Birmingham, AL
    I like the finish on the Classic and Roya...other than that the shapes are hideous

9. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Not a big fan of the designs overall, but the lower horn on the raptor is just stupid, imo.

[​IMG]

10. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Classic and Raptor for me, please.

11. Jens Ritter has a few of his basses at Bass Alone in San Diego (http://www.bassalone.com/5string.html) and at Ed Roman's Guitars in Las Vegas. He has a superb reputation in this business. I checked out a few of his basses briefly in Las Vegas. From a craftsmanship standpoint, his technical skills, business vision, and end product results are world class. My pal Jauqo said that Jens repainted one of his older Fender's with the "marble-textured" finish and it came out extremely well.

I don't own any Ritter basses, so this is my own opinion based on research available online (and from friends that own Ritter's basses), my own personal visual inspection of his instruments, and MANY e-mails back and forth to Jens.

I highly suggest that you check out his basses if you have the opportunity. :)

12. hippiesandwich

hippiesandwich

Aug 29, 2003
    San Jose
    Affiliated with Looperlative Audio Products
    Had to go with "Like the Okon" - after all, the one pictured is MY bass! :D :D :D
    [​IMG]

13. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Roya, Classic, Seal, and Okon.

Heck, all of them.

14. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    I particularly like the Seal, Roya, and Classic.

Marshall

15. Let's see if I can figure out how to attach a photo. If this works, then you can see my vote for favorite Ritter bass. It's a Jupiter, but it's the incredible color scheme that really makes it work for me.

[​IMG]

16. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
    the fretboard looks like steel that someone took a blow tourch to, i like it. i voted for seal becuase it has like a crazy death jazz on stereiods look. but that jupiture would porbably have the sweetest mwahh

17. Introvox

Introvox

May 21, 2001
    Ontario, Canada
    Yes, I've seen that one too, with the watercolored neck...ain't she a beauty!

I'll give it my vote too. (seein that I messed up the poll....sorry)

18. Introvox

Introvox

May 21, 2001
    Ontario, Canada
    Absolutely...I love looking at far out basses, same as I like looking at "concept" cars, boats, etc.

Although I love the look of vintage, and the P, J, and Ric are perfection IMO, I have seen a million of em....I'd probably never buy one (Ritter), if I'm gonna pay 7 - 10 times the price, it better sound 7 - 10 times better (not just look it), and I'll tell you my 2 babies sound awesome.....I mean...

"how much better can it get?"

19. Introvox

Introvox

May 21, 2001
    Ontario, Canada
    Bass Lab has some interesting basses too

looky looky

DN 1000

STD

I think the screwed up on naming the STD. (which stands for something scary in my books)

reminds me of when the Canadian Conservative Reform Alliance Party (CCRAP) tried to get Canada to take them seriously. Yeah Right Stockwell, did you sell your Jetski Yet?