1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

May be done with playing in bands

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by klejst, Mar 1, 2013.

1. So long story short I met up for a beer with my long time friend and band mate/jam buddy last night and we usually just go out and shoot the sh*t about whatever and anything. However through all our conversations he finally came out and told me he has been thinking about moving out west or down south somewhere. It's just something he has been thinking about and nothing is really set in stone but he has been looking. I guess he is just at that stage in his life where he starts to look to his future and such.

Anyways we has always remained great friends through the couple bands we were in together and also currently we have started a new little band...well it's more of a hobby/project right now though. However all that is now on the possible chop block if he does indeed move. I respect his wishes and what he wants to do and what he eventually chooses to do. In fact I am actually not all that worried, mad or anything like that. Whatever happens happens.

However, I have a lot of other things going on in my life to where music has become more of a hobby for me anyways. So with that if my friend moves away I may just be done with playing in bands and such for a while. I'll keep my gear and bass, but may just play as a hobby. I have done the band thing pretty hard the last five years, now I am at a point in my life where I kinda wanna just say yeah I did that, but now want to do other things and move on and do other things in life. Who knows what the future holds, however my desire to be fully engaged in music has been like that of a flickering diminishing flame over the last 2-3 months.

Just rambling, however something I now have been at least thinking about since last night.