1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

MAY HAVE JUST BOUGHT SOME DODGY MICS!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by addylewis, Nov 29, 2006.

1. er...what do I hope for? A refund or the mics?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SHURE-4X-Beta...oryZ3278QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

All the guys "beta" series mics listings (and I mean about 7 listings for between 3-7-Beta 57's/58's - prices ranging from $130 - $340) have been removed by ebay...my mum told me I could be done for recieving stolen goods if they turn out to be dodgy...:eek:

I'm getting worried...

(if that link didn't work - search for seller "logan_wills" on ebay...)

2. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Don't be worried about whether they are stolen or not. You bought them online through Ebay and you can prove it. You have nothing to fear in that respect.

Now, if he actually ships them to you and they are what he said they were is another story.

Have you contacted the seller and/or Ebay to find out what is going on?

3. Justice

Justice

May 24, 2002
    Houston TX.
    well, i just looked at the seller and (this is all my opinion) I have some good news and bad news for you.

Good news, you didn't buy dodgy mics..

Bad news, you didn't buy any mics at all. I think you you were the victim of a hijacked ebay account. The "seller" has perfect feedback but if you look at it, they have never sold anything, all the feedback is from other sellers. Also of note is that most (if not all) of the past things this person has been buying on ebay have all been coin collector related.

If I were you, I would be getting in contact with ebay and whatever method you used for payment to make sure you have a chace of getting your money back.

good luck.

Ebay hijackers will hack an account and when they have control of they will post a lot of items with fantastic buy it now prices to try to get as many people to hit BIN and pay before they get found out and the account gets shut down or the original owner gets control of it back.