1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

May Have Just Purchased The Last Ampeg SVT 810 Made In US (pics added)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Thrilbilly, Oct 12, 2009.

1. Thrilbilly

Thrilbilly

Mar 19, 2006
    This is pretty cool.

I have the last Ampeg USA 810 made at the Yellville, Arkansas Factory.

I purchased it from a fire department that really wanted a PA system. According to one of the volunteer fireman that also worked at SLM it was not crated in order to test some heads that were still coming off the line. When Ampeg closed down the factory it was donated to the local fire department where it has set in a back room for several years until I got it Friday. There was never a serial number put on it.

It sounds awesome. I picked up a SVT-3Pro head off Ebay and couldn't be more pleased. Even at low volume you can feel it while standing in front. I would have had one years ago had I known they sound so good.

Thril

2. sobie18

sobie18

May 5, 2002
    Shaw AFB, SC
    Cool. Treat her right!

3. Thrilbilly

Thrilbilly

Mar 19, 2006
    Already ordered a Tuki for this one!

Thril

4. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Nice!

5. Pics? :hyper:

6. rbonner

rbonner

Sep 25, 2008
    It's always sort of neat to have something special in equipment. I had a friend who once had a piece of electronic gear that the serial tag actually said, "This was the last model (SUCH and SUCH) made." I think it was instead of a serial number or might have been in conjunction with a number. That does make it a little special.

I have one of my cabs that I bought new that the sticker keeps falling off and I have a little hunk of tape holding it on... That might also be a posibility.

No matter what cherish it forever. BOB

7. this.

And wow am I ever jealous. :crying:

8. Thrilbilly

Thrilbilly

Mar 19, 2006
    Here are a couple photos. I am not sure how the serial number is applied but it does not look like anything was ever there.

Attached Files:

9. Congrats! cherish that cab man!

10. rbonner

rbonner

Sep 25, 2008
    WOW, yeah that sticker has the serial stamped on it... This one was never numbered... COOL

BOB

11. Very cool!

12. xray

xray

Feb 15, 2009
    Kona, HI
    Sweet deal!

13. funkybass4ever

funkybass4ever

Dec 12, 2007
    turn it up and feel the earth move:hyper:

14. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Wow, a non-numbered cab! I wonder if Jerrold ever played through it.

15. groooooove

groooooove Supporting Member

Dec 17, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    thats pretty cool. makes me wonder who has the last SVT head made there..hmmmm...

16. bassgod76

bassgod76 bass turd burglar

Mar 13, 2003
    South Florida
    Just curious. If I had a bass amp that had mono or split option, but you could only run mono with a 8ohm speaker cabinet, how would I plug into this cab?