May I please borrow your ears?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by 39Reasons, Nov 15, 2004.

1. 39Reasons

Sep 16, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
  2. 39Reasons

Sep 16, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    OH I forgot to mention if you go to my space "one more chance" isn't part of the new 3 song demo it's just an older song we have up there.
  3. Wow, this is actually pretty good... I hear a little bit of REM and The Pixies in it... Even though the production sounds a little too emo

(Listening to Lost Angeles)

Nice break... The singer and vocal melodies so a little meh... little to normal, but pretty good for a demo.

Really digging this. Again, I think you could re work the vocal melody to sound a little more original... Love the guitars in the chorus, very lush. In the break after the chorus, you could do some syncopation or something with the drums.

I love that grand vocal section. Really picks the song up.

Love the intro, very Sonic Youth-ish with the guitar feedback.

The drum part should juxtapose the palm-muted arpeggios. Maybe have him play a half-open high-hat or a ride cymble...

I think in the chorus, you should syncopate with the band. While everyone else has that main line, you should be like free-flowing water, almost shifting to the melody of the song.

Love the outro. Just what it needs. huge backing vocals.

Over all I think Garden is the best song, but there is huge potential there. Keep it up!