1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

May I please borrow your ears?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by 39Reasons, Nov 15, 2004.

1. 39Reasons

39Reasons

Sep 16, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
  2. 39Reasons

39Reasons

Sep 16, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    OH I forgot to mention if you go to my space "one more chance" isn't part of the new 3 song demo it's just an older song we have up there.

3. Wow, this is actually pretty good... I hear a little bit of REM and The Pixies in it... Even though the production sounds a little too emo

(Listening to Lost Angeles)

Nice break... The singer and vocal melodies so a little meh... little to normal, but pretty good for a demo.

(Photograph)

Really digging this. Again, I think you could re work the vocal melody to sound a little more original... Love the guitars in the chorus, very lush. In the break after the chorus, you could do some syncopation or something with the drums.

I love that grand vocal section. Really picks the song up.

(Garden)

Love the intro, very Sonic Youth-ish with the guitar feedback.

The drum part should juxtapose the palm-muted arpeggios. Maybe have him play a half-open high-hat or a ride cymble...

I think in the chorus, you should syncopate with the band. While everyone else has that main line, you should be like free-flowing water, almost shifting to the melody of the song.

Love the outro. Just what it needs. huge backing vocals.

Over all I think Garden is the best song, but there is huge potential there. Keep it up!