1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

May I request some audio clips? (Mesa Walkabout)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Carebear, Oct 14, 2009.

1. Carebear

Carebear Guest

Sep 24, 2009
    If it's not too much to ask, and allowed by forum policies, I'd very much appreciate if anyone could record their Mesa Walkabout and illustrate its gain structure.

It's killing me not being able to hear it or try it and all I can find, while still sounding great, are full band videos where not much bass overdrive is used.

I'll give my firstborn to whoever can illustrate some mid-heavy overdriven sounds straight from the amp! Even the "over the top" ones as I'm trying to get an idea of what to expect. :bassist:

But hey! I think I'm entitled to this request. Every time I buy new gear I do thorough reviews with plenty of clips. :cool:

2. snorri66

snorri66

Mar 7, 2009
    I'm interested in these as well, I might be getting one soon if I do I will do my best to get clips up.

I have been able to play one with the scout 12" cab, and loved the way it sounded but I couldn't turn it up very loud. I have 2 15" cabs and I want to try it through at least one of them before I get the WA head. From tinkering with the Scout, the gain I could achieve at low volumes wasn't very over the top, but again I wasn't able to really crank it. :)