1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Maybe first project, starting point neck through body without anything

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by JustFame, Oct 6, 2013.

1. JustFame

JustFame

Aug 1, 2013
    Hi guys, kinda new here and relatively new to bass.
    now I was just surfing around local craiglist and I stumbled upon a home made warwick imitation I guess, here is the album

I dont have any experience with woodwork ect and wasnt really looking for something to do but this cought my eye and the neck through really made me curious. Maybe you guys could give me some guidance. I would love to get my hands dirty but I dont know if this is way out of my range or worth to invest at all.

As far as I can tell my starting position would be a neck through body + neck+ headstock. I guess get some new electronics, new pickups some tuners (machineheads+turning keys) and knobs?

I think if needed some wood adjustments could be done at my fathers worklplace but nothing big, and soldering work for the electronics with some guides/pdfs I can do that, I guess.

Something extra question is if it would be easy to get a decent new bridge. since it seems like at the bottom some wood got cut out and it is a 2 pieced bridge? and the dimensions for the pickup, should that be manageable or fill it/get some more space?

dude didnt write a price, said just to offer. I dont know anything about thtis and some help would be really appreciated