1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Maybe for sale: NEW G&L L2000 (GandL L2K) w/ K-wiring - Spanish copper metallic!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by TimBosby, Oct 29, 2013.

1. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    ***TRADE PENDING***

Sometimes I buy basses and then sell them too soon (ok, I do that way more than is healthy.)

Anyway, I recently sold a bunch of basses that I'd had for a while and used the money to buy not one, but TWO new G&Ls: an L2000 and an M2000. You can see both in the picture below. The L2000 is the Spanish copper metallic/rosewood board one on the left. The M2000 is the graphite metallic/maple board one on the right.

I love G&Ls to death and both of these basses are pure, unfettered awesome. That being said, why did I get two? I don't know. These basses ARE different (different pickups and preamp) but I guess they are not different ENOUGH to justify keeping both. Both have monster humbuckers and a million tonal options. The L2000 even has the coveted K-wiring! (coil split option with the middle switch) What I SHOULD have done - because I need a good P-style bass - is buy an SB-1 in Spanish copper metallic because I just love that color and it looks amazing with a tort guard.

So, I'm just gonna see if there is any interest in the L2000. I would probably use the proceeds to buy an SB-1 in the same color. That way I'd have a kick-a$$ P-bass (SB-1) and a humbucking monster (M2000).

Here are the specs of the L2000:

Finish: Spanish Copper Metallic
    Body: Alder
    Neck: #12 Hard Rock Maple (1.625" nut), Standard Satin neck Finish, Color matched headstock
    Fretboard: Rosewood
    Frets: Medium jumbo
    Inlays: Pearl Dot
    Pickups: 2 G&L Magnetic Field Design humbuckers
    Controls: G&L Tri-Tone active/passive electronics, 3-way mini-toggle pickup selector, series/single coil (K-wiring)/parallel mini-toggle, preamp control mini-toggle (off/on/on with high end EQ boost), knobs are: volume, treble, bass
    Bridge: G&L Saddle Lock
    Tuners: G&L Ultralite tuners with aluminum tapered string posts Case: Hardshell G&G Tolex custom fit case
    Special Requests: "K wiring" modification for pickups, under 9.5 lbs weight, dark rosewood fingerboard

A brand new one just like this would be $1,387.50 shipped.

I'm asking $1200 shipped. I gigged it once, played it at home a little. The only changes I made were installing Schaller straplocks and lemon oiling the fingerboard once.

I probably won't listen to trade offers, sorry! (unless you have a USA Lakland P or P/J or an Xotic XP-1T P-bass...THEN WE CAN TALK! :D)

This is the only picture I have now, but I can take more later if you want...

[​IMG]

2. peteybass

peteybass Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2008
    Roseville, CA
    Beautiful...

3. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Toronto
    That's a nice bass. I just bought a East Indian walnut L2000 otherwise I probably would have bit.

4. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Hmm. Looks like a rather convoluted-but-somehow-successful trade deal is about to happen with the Spanish copper L2000. Gotta love Talkbass. I work in finance for a living and sometimes bass deals are more complex than derivatives trading. Lol.

Marking this pending for now.

5. bassvirtuoso

bassvirtuoso My God, it's full of chrome! Gold Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2006
    Nebraska
    What a tangled web we weave...

6. shaboda

shaboda

Apr 14, 2002
    Are these still around?