Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Maybe I shouldn't have..

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by lamarjones, Mar 3, 2003.

1. lamarjones

lamarjones Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    I saw this ad on ebay....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2512345191

I saw the pics and they looked like a bolt on. I thought the MS were neck throughs, so I asked the guy. He said he had a bolt on, so I asked him if it was an error in the listing. Then he said when talking to mr ken smith, he will say he has the bsr6ms bolt-on series. I thought this was wrong, and maybe I am wrong, but I asked him if he was thinking about the MW series, then he said "Everyone know that the BSR6MS "M" Series is the neck-thru model...But the BSR6M Series is the bolt-on...."

?

I deal with ebay a lot, and have been burned up there before, so I try to ask people when I think the listing is wrong. Should I? Is that a bad thing? Am I wrong in the listing above?

2. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    Nothing wrong in researching a possible purchase.

3. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    That's what the "Ask the seller a question" button is for.

4. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Perhaps if you posted in the luthier forum KS could tell you for sure? Or perhaps browsing his website would tell you.

5. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    you could probably shoot ken smith an email, he's been active around here before, he'll probably answer your questions if he can.

6. lamarjones

lamarjones Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    Ok, I realized my questions at the end made no sense, so here goes......

I am pretty sure the MS is the neck through series. Unless I am wrong, and please if I am someone tell me.

I saw the ad, kind of interested in a neck through, so I asked the guy. He told me it was a bolt on, so now I am wondering, 'ok this guy has the wrong thing listed'.

So that is why I was trying to get if he really thought it was the MS series. But the last statement makes it sounds like HE KNOWS it is not an MS.

So, I felt a little weird about trying to make him admit it, cause here is the problem. Someone wants to get this bass, but doesn't know what it is really worth, so they may go to prepal or some other means using the title he gave. The value is going to be WAY off, so then the buyer can get screwed.

I kind of want this guy to make his listing right, and the replies I got kind of make me think he is not interested in that at all. I thnk this is the kind of **** that messes up ebay.

So, my question is, was it bad for me to try and get this guy to correct his title?

7. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    If you know it's a scam, you can email the bidders with that information. You already gave him the chance to come clean. You could also ask ebay to investigate it if he is posting incorrect info about the instrument.