Maybe I'm crazy...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JayAmel, Jun 24, 2003.

1. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France

On Saturday morning, a guy will come to my home. He will be there to pick up my StingRay 5. Yes, I'm selling it.

I sure will miss it, since it's a fabulous bass. But every time I lived without a Rickenbacker, I felt sick. And I currently feel sick. I'm 44, and over my 27 years of bass playing, I made my way with at least a Rickenbacker. That's the way it is. I'm probably too old to cure my addiction...

I found a 4001CS (Chris Squire signature) at a decent price and in excellent condition, and, unfortunately, my current professional situation does not allow me to get it without selling the SR5. And I have nothing to sell instead of the SR5...

I have made a deposit to reserve the 4001CS, and I'll probably have it here next week. I'll post pics as soon as it is here...

All the best,
  2. Your not crazy man...I feel sick when I'm without my bass for 2 days straight...just doesn't feel right not having it here with me.
  3. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Ooooh, a CS - lucky boy! Be sure to come back and post pics!
  4. tim4003

Apr 30, 2002
    Dawsonville , GA

Welcome back, jaylanb!
  5. Turlu

Turlu Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2000
    Ottawa, Ontario CANADA
    No you are not crazy Jaylanb !!!

I have always wanted a 4001 CS edition !!!

I love my 2002 4003 Burgundy so much I can not see myself without a Rickenbacker !!!

Bonne chance et montre-nous des photos !!!

Lucky you !!! Chanceux !!!
  6. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    Well, that 4001CS deal finally won't be done :(

The guy finally said that he would increase the price, and that he wouldn't ship the bass. I'd have to drive 1,000 miles to pick up the bass, I'm not 4001CS-nut enough to do such a travel for this purpose.

Thus I'm looking for another Rickenbacker...

PS. The SR5 has been sold, as planned.

All the best,