Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

maybe my p-ups are just tired

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by jonas_oxide, Apr 24, 2005.

1. I have a problem. i have this great peice of wood carved in the shape of a bass, and naturally, it sounds great, but i have a problem with my pickups. i just changed the battery (they are active emg p-style) but it still buzzes. it sounds like i have overdrive on them. i can turn them over to passive, but then the volume goes to hell. i have what seem to be two volume knobs, one for tone (this is where it gets weird) two switches, (only the first one seems to work at all) and then a 6 position tone dial. i dont know where to begin, i haven't got an idea of how much it would cost to get them working, or how much the pickups themselves are, or even if i need someone else to do it for me. im lost. so i implore you my brothers and sisters, send out your wisdom to a young man in dire need of assistance! i went 5 months so far without n amp just to get this bass, and now that i have one here, the pickups are gimped. sorry if this issue comes up alot, i just couldnt find it. thanks in advance yall

2. mrelwood

mrelwood

Dec 15, 2004
    Finland
    It's impossible to say what the problem could be. But if they were busted when You got the bass, contact the seller. Maybe he/she can work it out.

Ofcourse, any guitar repairman that knows his electronics (as well as he should) can fix the thing. Or atleast find out what is broken.

-Aki.