1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Maybe the best question of all time

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Rooster009, Apr 23, 2010.

1. Rooster009

Rooster009

Feb 27, 2008
    Just curious. Who on here has posted a review of a bass in the gear review section and given it a perfect ten, only to turn around and sell it later? anyone?

2. Indiana Mike

Indiana Mike Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Evansville
    about ten million players infected with gas

3. MEKer

MEKer Supporting member

May 30, 2006
    Don't hold your breath waiting for responses from those who have-unless it was because of a financial crisis which can certainly happen. Family before a material object, you know.

4. perkidan

perkidan

Sep 13, 2000
    Augusta, ky
    Better to ask who hasn't around here. lol

5. Crabby

Crabby

Dec 22, 2004
    We all get the urge for something new sometimes, even if there is nothing wrong with what we have. The problem is getting something new often means selling off something we already have. its a vicious cycle to get into and can cost a lot of time and money. But its also a lot of fun and way cheaper then gambling, drinking, smoking, a mistress.... ;)

6. `Best question of all time: Can I tap that? For real- search OT, where all true TB wisdom resides.

7. MooseLumps

MooseLumps Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Portland
    Bass is my mistress. Talkbass is the dog that i bought her that I have to take care of now that she has tired of it.

8. this isn't the best question of all time :rollno:

9. Crabby

Crabby

Dec 22, 2004
    Maybe not but one that begs the next question:

Why does GAS never seem to go away?

10. GM60466

GM60466

May 20, 2006
    Land of Lakland
    Ten years ago I swore I purchased my last bass. Then I met Greg Curbow. Then, eight years ago I was done buying and selling. Now Wal Basses are back in business and I have some $$ stashed.
    If I wanted, I could stop tomorrow. .......I think

11. somegeezer

somegeezer

Oct 1, 2009
    England
    +1. Brilliant answer! I haven't gotten into the whole selling gear to make room for new gear. I think I'd rather save the money up and just have a ton of gear to the point where I can't actually move around my own home anymore. =]

12. How many basses do I actually need? - just 1 more!