Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Maybe this aint the right forum

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Coward Of Reali, Jul 8, 2005.

1. Coward Of Reali

Coward Of Reali

Oct 13, 2003
    BUt my input jack I think is broken. Whenever the cables in it crackles and buzzes unless I put my finger on the cable. Its not the cable either since I just bought a new one.

2. The jack could be dirty, loose, or you could even have a bad solder joint. Can you open up the bass and get to it? If so, you can check it out, and perhaps bend the positive lug in a bit to make better contact.
    If you can see the interior part of the jack, plug your cable into it and see if there is any looseness around the tip.
    You could also use a q-tip with alcohol to clean out the inside of the jack. I have to do this from time to time.

Mag...

3. pbass1

pbass1

Dec 8, 2004
    i had this problem a while back...

i took off the electronics cover on the back of the bass and found that my jack's ground had come un-sodered...so i re- sodered and now its fine

i'm no expert, but maybe take off the cover and make sure evreything is sodered up and connected

(i'm not sure this is the exact problem, maybe someone else will post and present a more exact way to trouble shoot :help: )

I tried, DAN

4. If touching it makes it stop..I'd almost garantee it's a ground wire that has broken loose...check the solder joints