Maybe you've already seen this, but...

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by lump, May 9, 2001.

1. lump

Jan 17, 2000
    St. Neots, UK
    I ran across this in "The Onion" for the first time today, and felt compelled to share. Before you click, be forewarned that it is rated R. Kids, make sure to ask mom first. ;)

Remember, it's all about the music. :D
  2. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Seen it before...still find it really funny. :D
  3. There's a lot of bass-related content on The Onion, if you really look for it. Some of it is in those little sidebar articles they do, like the classic "Congress Debates Coolness of Rush."
    I don't know if anyone saw "That 70's Show" last night, but there was a Rush mention in there. The guys went to Canada to score some beer, and got busted trying to cross back into the U.S. So they're being interrogated by two bumbling mounties (one of them played by Dave Thomas!) The one mountie asks Eric, "Why are you in Canada?" And Eric says, "Beer... and I love Rush. 'Fly By Night'.. whoooooooooooo!!" (with fist raised.) I fell off the couch laughing!
  4. Argh! That 70's Show!
    I LOVE That 70's Show!
    And it's only on satellite TV here, and I don't have satellite TV. :(
  5. jvtwin

jvtwin What it needs is a little more cowbell

Jan 26, 2001
    LA Calif.

Oh man that is great! I had to e-mail to my long time guitar player. THIS definitely brings back some fond memories :D:D
  6. NeoTrotskyist

Apr 2, 2001
    Another great onion article is: "National Funk Congress deadlocked on Get Up/Get Down issue". It's got Bootsy Collins as the speaker of the house.
  7. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Welcome to rock n' roll, kid!!!!!
  8. jvtwin

jvtwin What it needs is a little more cowbell

Jan 26, 2001
    LA Calif.
    It's a hell of a way to inflate a bass players ego :D :p
  9. Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    I gotta get myself into one of those bands.
  10. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2001
    Don't play for male inmates,
  11. Bass-A-Nova

Bass-A-Nova Guest

Nov 2, 2000
  12. That's the funniest thing I've seen in a while!