Mayones owners club.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Quilbert, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Thought I'd give this a go, probably fewer Mayones owners stateside as they are a small Polish outfit. Just traded a stingray against one a few months ago. It's basically a j bass (called jabba). But what a take in a jazz !

andaloudog likes this.
  2. zortation

zortation

Dec 26, 2011
    Toronto, ON
    Just got this last saturday...

20130806-mayo-taste-test-hellmans.jpg

3. bassicg

bassicg Supporting Member

Jul 24, 2006
    Muskegon, MI
    Hahaha...you must be one HELL of a MANN!
    Cause it looks like you got the REAL deal there! I'm sure you're a good player, but that should bring out the BRING OUT THE BEST in you! Congrats man! If you ever decide to part with it, please give me first dibs. I got MIRACLE WHIP and it just isn't the same!

infamusblkdeath and zortation like this.
  4. Thrillhouse

Thrillhouse

Jan 21, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    I just picked up a Jabba 4 from Chicago Music Exchange this past Friday. It's a very nice bass that has some great features at not much more money than what the Fender Elites are going for. The build quality is also exceptional. I'm really digging mine so far. Went straight from the store to a rehearsal for a new project and it sounded and felt great. I don't have a pic handy but here is the bass I bought:

Mayones Jabba Classic 4-String Flamed Maple Top

5. Hi, is the club functioning?)

6. andaloudog

andaloudog Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2013
    Alexandria, Virginia
    Low-end disturbance in Washington, D.C.
    Just picked up this Comodous 4 last weekend from Music Store Live. I'm still getting to know it but it is clearly the highest quality bass I've had. Plays beautifully. No gigs for a few days so I don't know how the Aguilars are going to sound, but they do well in the headphones through a B|Amp and PJB Big Head. Nice round tone so far. The liquid red over the eye poplar really sold it for me.

IMG_8161.jpg IMG_8162.jpg IMG_8163.jpg IMG_8164.jpg

7. E41F6F99-1349-4FE0-95C2-E2110D91A5D6.jpeg congrats, analoudog! She’s insanely beautiful..

And I also have one with eye poplar top

pravus, Julian G, RedMax and 2 others like this.
  8. andaloudog

Apr 19, 2013
    Alexandria, Virginia
    That’s a beautiful instrument, I looked hard at those. I think they do great finishes, something that caused me to skip other makes. Love that burl.

9. It’s incredible, indeed. Now I’m going to keep enough cash for a fan fretted Patriot... or Dingwall... haven’t decided yet)))

10. Thrillhouse

Thrillhouse

Jan 21, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    Glad to see these basses getting some more love. My Jabba 24 quickly became my go-to. Tremendous value for momey (not that they're cheap but the quality and components are exceptional).

11. andaloudog

Apr 19, 2013
    Alexandria, Virginia
    Both of those look great. One thing that thew me with Mayones is that finishes are available only on specific models. I play red instruments live as they photograph better, so anything that I look at would need to be available red (or mostly red). The Patriot comes in their Dirty Red Burst which is cool but not like the Liquid Red:
    mayones_patriot_4_flamed_maple_aguilar_tjnsredbs_1600.jpg
    Anyway, these Patriots look killer.

pravus, graphics1988 and RedMax like this.
  12. IMO, you need Jabba in CAR finish:D:D:D

andaloudog likes this.
  13. andaloudog

Apr 19, 2013
    Alexandria, Virginia
    Hello, I'm checking in after logging some more hours with the Comodous. Really liking this bass, it's a groove machine. Makes it effortless to get in the pocket and punches like hell. A few FOH people have commented on it too, they like the basic tone that they get. Our drummer likes it too and he's never made a comment on any of my others. Killer instrument.

14. bjelkeman

bjelkeman Bass player wannabe

May 9, 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden
    That is interesting. I really have all the basses I need, and more. But a Mayones Patriot fanfret or Dingwall NG is still on that which list. The Patriots are so rare second hand though.

Have you guys seen the visit I made to the Mayones workshop in Gdańsk?

Visit to Mayones Guitars and Basses, Gdansk, Poland

andaloudog likes this.
  15. Econdude

Econdude

Sep 11, 2014
    I purchased as Commodous 5 String last year. I had to get it from Indonesia because there were no resellers in the US at the time. Sweet bass!!

andaloudog likes this.
  16. greenduke

greenduke

Jan 21, 2014
    Dallas, TX
    bassesrwb.png My recently acquired, Wojtek Pilichowski Custom Signature Pi3 4 Slap Machine.
    Hanging out with two friends.

WaywardTot, RedMax and andaloudog like this.
  17. FunkHead

FunkHead Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2007
    I have a 2018 Slogan MBC 5 string Gothic on the way. I will post pics when it gets here.
    Here's the Stock Photo from the Website:
    mayones_slogan_5_gothic_swamp_ash_aguilar_mbc_2013_1200.jpg

andaloudog likes this.
  18. FunkHead

Mar 10, 2007
    Some Pictures; Aguilar Slogan.jpg Aguilar Slogan2.jpg Aguilar Slogan3.jpg Aguilar Slogan4.jpg Aguilar Slogan5.jpg Aguilar Slogan6.jpg Aguilar Slogan7.jpg Aguilar Slogan8.jpg Aguilar Slogan9.jpg Aguilar Slogan10.jpg Aguilar Slogan11.jpg Aguilar Slogan12.jpg Aguilar Slogan13.jpg Aguilar Slogan14.jpg Aguilar Slogan15.jpg Aguilar Slogan16.jpg

19. I'm a fan of the Calledonius series!!I had the luck to find one of these in Greece...Just to get a taste of some happy chops!!

And I also have one with eye poplar top[/QUOTE]

Reviresco, andaloudog and Joshua like this.
  20. FunkHead

Mar 10, 2007
    [/QUOTE]
    A quick thanks for your post. I am still awaiting delivery but I am so happy to be part of the Mayones family.

andaloudog likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021