Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

MB 400 and 400+ used prices are going up?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Flat Bass, Oct 9, 2003.

1. Flat Bass

Flat Bass

Dec 8, 2002
    People are selling there MB 400 and 400+ for around $1200.00. That is crazy when I had one I sold mine for around $750.00 plus shipping.

2. You can't touch a new one for less than $1400.00. Then most people re-tube and that is around $200.00 and say add a SKB case another $150.00. That is how I sold my extra one and I got $1200.00
    :D the new owner is very happy.

plus, I included the original set of tubes, otherwise I would have let it go for $1050.00 without the rack case.

3. uh, there was just one for sale on here for like $750, newly retubed with extra tubes included.

1200 = too high

4. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    I saw one at a store over the weekend for $1k as it was. It needed new power tubes. They said they'd let it go retubed for $1150. :rolleyes:

5. Flat Bass

Flat Bass

Dec 8, 2002
    see if they will trade an excellent condition Eden WT-400 for it as is. and let me know what they say ok

6. Nightbass

Nightbass

May 1, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    I'd pay $900-1000 if it is like new and with the original tubes. Anything priced lower is likely to have a lot of wear, and/or the tubes might have been replaced with ones that are not matched to the amp. Be careful whenever you see a Mesa amp that has just been retubed - make sure the tubes were replaced with the correct Mesa values, or the amp rebiased properly if so equipped.

One tube amp I bought looked new, but the owner had ignorantly fiddled with the bias pots, looking for "his" sound, and the bias current was way too high. Scary.

Nightbass

7. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    I've got a like-new one right now on sale in San Diego County for $850 and that includes the Mesa Suspension rack. Don't wanna ship it, however. We'll see if someone grabs it up. I paid $1299 new and another 2 for the rack used.