MB FUSION 500W BASS HEAD...rack?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mello_bedwetter, May 13, 2012.

1. Just wanting to know if the GK MB Fusion 500W bass head can be rack mounted? Thanks.

2. rojo412

rojo412 Sit down, Danny... Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    I have the MB500 and I got one of these.
    [​IMG]
    It was cheaper and easier to find than the rack ears (at the time, they were sold out everywhere).

I just unscrewed the feet, centered the amp, screwed the feet back in (after slight hole widening) and it was on a shelf, sturdy as hell.

3. Where did you find that? I kinda like that idea.

4. rojo412

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
  5. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

No, I have its big brother (Fusion 550), wouldn't mind picking up its light little brother though. :D That shelf idea looks really interesting! :)

6. rojo412

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    The amp is at my practice spot, but I'll post some pics when I get down there.
    The amp is ROCK SOLID in that rack.
    The ears, I'd imagine, may not be as sturdy. But then again, the amp weighs, what, 6 lbs? So not a huge concern.

What I wanted to eventually do was to add some "wings" to the sides, using the blue glow from the side of the amp to illuminate something... like a plexiglass logo for my band or my name or something like that.

7. rag

rag

Mar 24, 2003
    Robert A. Gallien, President Gallien-Krueger
    Yes, we make rack ears for them and they are in stock. Contact [email protected].
    Bob

8. Thanks Bob. That looks like a nice amp head to go along with my two 410MBE's.

9. mam1862

mam1862 Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Richfield, Ohio
    I have a set of the MB Fusion rack ears for sale in the classifieds if you need them.

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 13, 2021