MB Minimark

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassist22, Sep 4, 2010.

1. bassist22

bassist22

Mar 16, 2007
    To all the Markbass Minimark owners out there.
    Is the minimark by itself loud enough to play in a big band and also a small combo with 3 horns?
    I want to try one out before buying but haven't been able to find any yet....
    any opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. MIJ-VI

MIJ-VI Inactive Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2009
    *bump*

3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    That's the combo with 2 6" spkrs?- if yes, then no. Not nearly enough speaker, for me. If it will run a decent sized ext cab, maybe.

4. Bassman 100

Bassman 100

Apr 4, 2008
    Ireland
    I have one. Excellent Amp. Answer is yes with the 3 piece on its own. No with the bigger band. It takes an extension cab to bring it from 150 watts to 250 watts, then yes its enough in my opinion, depending on the overall volume. However unless you get a great 2nd hand deal, I would look towards Phil Jones gear when talking prices like that. Compare the specs for yourself.

5. Rosebud

Rosebud

Jan 3, 2007
    +1

6. ErikP.Bass

ErikP.Bass Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2004
    +1 I agree on the small combo w/horns and with an extension cab this may be able to handle a big band. I have used mind with an HT112 as the extension and it gets a decent volume.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 30, 2021