1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

MB Tube 800 + what?? MB or TC cabs?? I need a fast advice!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by davideuck, May 11, 2011.

1. davideuck

davideuck

May 20, 2010
    Catania, ITALY
    Hi all,
    I've got a Markbass Little Tube 800, I've used it with a Epifani UL 410, first series. I really like the tone and the power but I want something more comfortable to carry than a 4x10. I was used to an SWR henry 8x8" too, I really liked the tone and power of that cab but it was really heavy...

Now, I can't decide between two solutions:

- A Markbass NY 804 + 1x15 or 2x10
    - TC Electronics RS 212 + RS 210

I play from fusion to heavy metal and sometimes I really need to cut through the mix at high volumes, so first I need volume then we can speak about tone but first thing is the volume I can get on stage :bassist:. At this point the portability doesn't matter, both solutions would be perfect from that point of view.

I've to decide in the next two days, so I need a fast help! :help:

P.S.: obviously I can't try these cabs to compare, I can't try none of those:crying:

2. davideuck

davideuck

May 20, 2010
    Catania, ITALY
    No one had a chance to try those cabinets?
    I've to decide in few hours becouse my Epi will go tomorrow and I'll be without cab :crying:
    So I want to order the new cabs tomorrow (I'm in Italy, so few hours for me...).
    I hope someone could help me. I'm GASing for the first option right now but I want a boost from you guys :D

3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Neither a 210 nor a 115 will have anywhere near the output of the 410. Your volume will be reduced in HALF. Which cab you choose is purely a personal preference thing.

4. John Wentzien

John Wentzien

Jun 25, 2007
    Elberta, AL
    Artist:TC Electronic RH450 bass system (original test-pilot)
    I LOVE the
    TC cabs!!

5. davideuck

davideuck

May 20, 2010
    Catania, ITALY
    Infact I was speaking of a Markbass New York 804, a 4x8" cab, 800 watt 8 ohm and a good 1x15 (or 2x10), 8 ohm to match it and go to 4 ohm with the full 800 watt of the tube 800.

So, do you thing a 4x8" + 1x15" can't push like a 4x10? (considering that this configuration will be a little taller too?).

Can you describe these as loud cabs? Expecially the RS 210, do you thing it can handle 400 watts without problems?