1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

MB2-500 Guitar Center Story

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by yamark, Oct 9, 2010.

1. yamark

yamark

Jun 6, 2009
    Lancaster, KY
    I just got a $50 GC coupon. I've been thinking of an MB2-500 for a while and decided to go buy it today.

They had it marked for $899. I quickly pointed out the incorrect price.

At the store, I played around on the thing for an hour and a half. I really, really liked it. I told the guy to pack it up for me. He first says the warranty card, box, manual, etc have been long thrown away. I asked if there was a floor model discount. He said no.

He had troubles taking off the security thingy. So, he grabs a flat head screw driver and starts to pry the thing off. I say, man you are scratching the amp all to hell. He continued and scratched and dented the hell out of the top of the thing. Most of the sticky stuff was still left on the amp. He started to scrape it with the screwdriver. I said "stop." I then asked to buy it with the sticky stuff and scratches and dents for a discounted price...he said "you are already getting 50 bucks off. What else do you want"? I said "there's a reason I quit coming to this store months ago and you just reminded me."

I walked out, pissed, with no head.

2. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Inactive

Sometimes $50 is not worth the aggravation that comes with it.

3. shoot-r

shoot-r

May 26, 2007
    Illinois
    EVERY music store has atleast one of these guys!!! There are a zillion other Guitar Centers that have G.K. MB-500's in stock...take your business to one of them or, check out rmcaudio.com for a mail order MB-500.
    My MB2-500 came from the Indianapolis, Ind. G.C., they couldn't find my warranty card, shipping box, foot switch, manual either. Salesman said he'd get them to me soon, that's been 6 or so months ago...I'll go to RMC for my next G.K. purchase.

4. rayzak

rayzak

Jan 13, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    You did the right thing, bro. What happened to "the customer's always right"? I'd have been tempted to grab that screwdriver and scrape his lips off.

5. rayzak

rayzak

Jan 13, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    Is that the one in Castleton, IN? If so, that's a shame as they used to be one of the "good ones".

6. yamark

yamark

Jun 6, 2009
    Lancaster, KY
    It was in Lexington, KY. The next closest GC is 100 miles from me. I really don't know if its worth the trouble.

7. yamark

yamark

Jun 6, 2009
    Lancaster, KY
    And this is a terrible GC. I quit going there a while ago. The coupon sucked me in.

8. go online to GC and use the coupon. Screw the instore idiot.

9. yamark

yamark

Jun 6, 2009
    Lancaster, KY
    they are sold out online

10. Joe.shaffer

Joe.shaffer

Nov 25, 2008
    Cabot, AR
    Probably not worth it. I mean you can't exactly call and ask, "yes hello, is anyone competent working today?"

11. shoot-r

shoot-r

May 26, 2007
    Illinois
    I'm not 100% sure but I believe RMC Audio is in Lexington, Ky.

12. yamark

yamark

Jun 6, 2009
    Lancaster, KY
    i was saying that the GC where the incident occurred was in Lexington.

13. shoot-r

shoot-r

May 26, 2007
    Illinois
    Yes sir, the one near Castleton mall.
    I've done alot of business there in the past year and a half...this is the first bad experience.

14. shoot-r

shoot-r

May 26, 2007
    Illinois
    Yes sir, understood...but, RMC Audio, (mail order G.K. store), is also located in Lexington, Ky.
    www.rmcaudio.com

15. yamark

yamark

Jun 6, 2009
    Lancaster, KY
    oh...wow. I have ordered stuff from them before and had no idea they were so close

16. lowendblues

lowendblues Supporting Member

Oct 8, 2004
    Ohio
    I bet Bob Gallien would be interested in this story.

I'd have demanded to see the manager and raised the roof off of the place.

17. yamark

yamark

Jun 6, 2009
    Lancaster, KY
    I called to speak with the manager, and the guy that said was the manager was the same guy that scratched it all to hell. And he isn't the manager.

18. shoot-r

shoot-r

May 26, 2007
    Illinois
    Alot of T.B.er's have gotten their G.K. equipment from RMC, I've not heard "anything" negative about their service and their prices are VERY good.
    You might mention the G.C. coupon to them...maybe they'd do a match!

19. DavePlaysBass

DavePlaysBass

Mar 31, 2004
    CO
    RMC Audio gave me a good deal on a GK Neo 115 and they were quick and professional. I even talked with the sales guys for about half hour about GK stuff. And he sounded like he knew what he was talkin' about.

20. perkidan

perkidan

Sep 13, 2000
    Augusta, ky
    yamark, I have been to that GC a couple of times. WORST store I have ever tried to deal with. I wouldn't buy a cord from them, that's for sure.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 7, 2021