1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

MB200 Volume question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by SSCBA, May 12, 2011.

1. Hi,

I feel my MB200 to be a little underpowered.
    I've heard here of people who use the gain at around 9' o clock and can stand with a drummer, but I have to run it at least at 12' (running at 4 ohms) to hear myself (the drummer playing at low volume).
    At 9' it's only audible in a small room, playing alone.

How's yours?

Thanks

2. From my experience yours is normal.
    Mine was like that and I had to crank it to around 3 o'clock when playing at band volume.
    I seriously doubt anybody could play with a drummer with the gain below noon even with a super efficient 4 ohm 810 cab.

3. Yeah, I thought the same but then came across this post:

4. wave rider

wave rider

Jan 5, 2005
    Which cabinet do you use and how efficient is it? That could make a difference...

=wr=

5. SanDiegoHarry

SanDiegoHarry Banned Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    "Could"??

It makes ALL the difference in the world...

The MB200 is *not* supposed to be a big, high-powered amp. It's small, light and cheap... Expecting that this will an SVT will only lead to disappointment. Expecting it will be a dandy little amp for small gigs & practice is a better approach...

6. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    I mentioned in another thread that I used my MB200 to cover a "no PA support" fill-in gig and it was loud and perfect, BUT I ran it through a very efficient 8x10 cab. Volume at about 11:00 and it was loud as hell.

If I had tried that gig with a 2x12 cab, it would have been woefully deficient and would have struggled terribly. Through at 2x10 it would have failed miserably.

The MB200 is a great practice amp and backup spare. It is NOT a high volume gigging machine unless you've got lots of very efficient speakers to do the work for it.

7. I was using an Eden ex112 4 ohms, only one 12'' speaker. That surely makes a difference with a 4x10 higher end Eden!
    But I feel that the amp doesn't "push" until its over 12' o clock. Maybe it was designed like that so you can practice at low volume without having to set the gain at 7-8'. But I feel my Kustom DE200 is much louder and thought there could be a problem with mine.