1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mbox Mini as the soundcard for all audio?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Noosh, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Noosh

Noosh

May 1, 2006
    North Carolina
    ok, so what i wanna do, and im pretty sure its possible, just not sure on exactly how to do it.
    i have a Mbix mini and a laptop with vista, i use it to record all the time, no problems there.

but what i want to know is, is it possible to use the mbox as my sound card for all outgoing audio instead of just from protools.

like, say i open up my itunes, or i want to watch a dvd. i want the sound to go to my mbox, and to my monitors instead of through the computers built in speakers.

how do i do it?

2. Nick Kay

Nick Kay

Jul 26, 2007
    Toronto, Ontario
    Just go into the Sounds and Audio bit in the Control Panel, go to the Hardware section and set the M-Box as the default device for everything. You might need to go around and play with the settings for any media player applications you have as well, but that's the gist of it.