Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by XavierG, Jan 25, 2006.

1. One of my favorites. Boogie Woogie Waltz is killin'.
  2. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    damn, that is some good stuff.
  3. middlebit

Sep 10, 2005
    I love the sound he gets outta that electric! Boogie Woogie Waltz is definitely taken up a notch compared to the studio version. Groovy band! Christian looks pretty damn cool too, but I have to admit his outfit reminded me of this:[​IMG]

4. Holy crap, this guy is awesome! This is the kind of direction that i wanna be going for, this kind of groove.

+ his tone is godly.
  5. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    killer player! saw him with Metheny... Amazing.
  6. Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    What kind of bass is that?
    And the fretless playing is amazing. Perfect intonation and insane chops.

Even worse is he can do all that on upright too :crying:
  7. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Lorenzini, I think you're referring to his Penza custom. If you look on his site, there's a link to his Gear page that's pretty detailed and has GREAT pictures of the bass.
  8. Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
  9. Yeah, he gets great tone out of that Pensa. The maple fretboard has a lot to do with the tone.
  10. one of my favorites! his intonation and phrasing are awesome!:bassist:

GAS!!!! GRECO maple neck jazz :hyper:
  11. McBride created Man. Thanks for the link.
  12. Not from this planet! His slab-bass work is not too shabby, to say the least, but check out his solo on "The Wizard of Montara" (upright bass) on this video (for those of you too lazy to follow the link to his site).

You don't have to be a UB player to appreciate that!
  13. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Dude, no kidding. Check out Jane Monheit's take of "A Case of You." Achingly beautiful tone on this.
  14. I got to talk to him at a show when he was touring for "Sci-Fi." Very humble and down to earth. I asked for advice on becoming a good player and he told me to learn all of Paul Chambers' lines