1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

McCartney Finances Motown Piano Restoration

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by john_martin_sai, Apr 1, 2013.

1. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    That is truly awesome, good on ya, Mac!

2. bassinplace

bassinplace

Dec 1, 2008
    Cool! Reminds of something a friend said to me when we were at a show together a few weeks ago. She's a fan of music, but not a musician. As we waited for the band to start we were admiring the horns sitting there lined up at the front of the stage. She said "Those are pretty, I'd like to have one in my house just to look at as an object d'art." *facepalm* I informed her that was instrument abuse and that if she got one she better play it or give it to someone who will. I'm glad to see an 1877 historical Steinway piano wasn't just left to rot.

3. Makes one wonder about the countless instruments in Hard Rock Cafe's and the Rock 'n Roll HOF that no one may ever play again.....:crying:

4. fraublugher

fraublugher

Nov 19, 2004
    ottawa, ontario, canada
    music school retailer
    See DGATB megathread

[drunk guy/gal at the bar]

5. bassinplace

bassinplace

Dec 1, 2008
    Yep, hopefully someone comes around on a regular basis and maintains and actually plays them once in awhile.

I'ma check that one out!

6. jungleheat

jungleheat Banned

Jun 19, 2011
    DC
    It's nice that he cleaned out the change from the couch in one of his houses to pay for this.