Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

McDonalds chicken strips

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Josh Ryan, Dec 6, 2004.

1. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
  2. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Watch Super Size Me. You'll be even more happy.

brad cook

3. dave_clark69

dave_clark69 Guest

Jan 17, 2003
    I can't stand McDonalds. Me and my dad hate them. I was in town once, really hungry, i could have had a 'burger' from there, or i could have starved. I chose the latter option.

All of it is just nasty, if you were to actualyl watch a program/film like super size me, you will be surprised. What do McGrub do in return? take off super size portions.

4. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    the last time i went to mcdonald's, lots of the hot grease dripped off the double quarter pounder onto the brown box it came in.

and it congealed into cold, opaque yellow lard pretty quickly right in front of my eyes.

would have been disturbing if i weren't addicted!

5. I enjoy the chicken salads from Burger King...good eats for 4 bucks...

6. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I don't refuse to eat at McDonald's but usually I only will if circumstances dictate.

WR - I think I have a few fries caught up in one of my ribs.

Barker - actually in that movie (did you see it?) he claimed that he was showing signs of addiction. In the end he would have a emotional high every time he ate McDonald's.

In that movie there was also a guy who's been eating Big Macs every day for like 20 years or more. He's eaten like 20,000 now. Skinny as a rail with low cholestorol. Dude must have some killer genes...all I know for sure is he has a killer mullet.

brad cook

7. well, at least we finally know what part of the chicken makes the "nugget" ;)

i know...chicken strips...but someone had to say it in response to those hardees commercials

8. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    Hardees. I remember those. We don't have them here in California, but had one in Terre Haute, IN when I went to college. Never really liked the food there, but the mushroom swiss burger was edible.

9. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I think a lot of the Hardee's are now Carl's Jr restaurants.

brad cook

10. The Second Coming must be close at hand. :rollno:

Mike

11. _Unregistered_

_Unregistered_

Nov 3, 2004
    ...and battery acid - again and again.

McDonalds chicken strips are the single most heartburn/acid reflux producing food products I've ever had the misfortune of ingesting.

12. :D

13. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I dont enjoy eating BK or Mcdonalds anymore. Ive eaten it only once in the past year or so and that was because someone bought it for me without my knowledge and it was all that was available for me to eat, was a Tendercrisp chicken thing. I didnt enjoy eating it and after half i had to stop.

I used to love Burger King but now i dislike it. I prefer Subway now, even tho Subway isnt 100% great either, its better, but i predict eventually i will stop eating that as well.

14. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    I love McDonalds... I only eat it 5 times a year or so, probably... usually on band trips where its either BK, taco bell, or McDonalds...

15. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    And you choose it out of those 3? ...hmm

16. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan

Taco Bell employees are incompetent... I've only been to one or two taco bells that can actually make a burrito that doesnt fall apart after unwrapping...

And BK... I hate the fries.

17. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    BK FRIES ARE SATAN'S WORK.

18. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    There was a taco bell in College Station, TX where I used to live that closed down. Rumor had it that there was doodoo found in the taco meat. I cannot confirm or deny but I do know that it always seemed to have customers and there wasn't any obvious explanation as to why it should have closed.

One thing I can confirm though...an old roommate of mine (while on his way to propose to his then girlfriend) stopped at Taco Bell and got a mexican pizza. He ate half of it and then found a worm in it. The worm wasn't bitten into or anything but it's pretty gross nonetheless and he went straight to the bathroom and blew chunks.

brad cook

19. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    haven't seen it, no. been on my to-see list, though.

and i was (half?) joking. :ninja:

20. _Unregistered_

_Unregistered_

Nov 3, 2004
    I was relating the story about the odd shaped "Chicken McPhallus" to others when something odd and disturbing crossed my mind:

What in the hell were you searching for on E-bay to get you to this???