McDonald's Dishes You Can't Buy in America

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Richland123, Aug 11, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
    TolerancEJ likes this.
  2. Bassamatic

Bassamatic keepin' the beat since the 60's

Mmmmm - Made me hungry!

3. RustyAxe

RustyAxe

Jul 8, 2008
    Connecticut
    #26 looks good ... the "Nurnburger". The rest are just more McCrapwiches.

4. GregC

GregC Questlove, Black Thought, Hamilton Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    NC
    Some of it looks good. But I'm sure that, just like with the US McDonald's, the food you actually get looks very little like the pictures.

5. knumbskull

knumbskull

Jul 28, 2007
    UK
    Beer!

kissmybASS01 likes this.
  6. Interesting that around the world, Rotten Ronnies offers some surprisingly healthy alternatives and vegetarian based offerings in places where certain meats are a cultural no-no. What do that say about us north americans?

7. Some cultures never heard of hamburgers. But here we've been conditioned to eat them since the drive-ins of the 50's.

Plus the good middleclass family in any Hollywood film or newsreel (be it old or new) always lives in a rancher with a two-car garage, lawn out back and a Barbecue.

And on the weekends they always make burgers on their Barbecue (or steaks)

And the whole family eats them.

If they don't do that, they'll get their burger/meat-fix at McDonald's or someplace.

Middleclass families copy what they see on film and in magazines.. and then they all get cancer from eating the burgers/steaks that are filled with nitrites from the sh*t in the Propane that's cooking them.

That's the way we do things In North America.

8. hondo4life

hondo4life

Feb 29, 2016
    SC
    I don't need to be "conditioned" to eat meat cooked over an open flame. That's just meat the way nature intended.

Will_White, Aberdumbie and twinjet like this.
  9. hondo4life

hondo4life

Feb 29, 2016
    SC
    After looking at all 69 items, I can honestly say the only one I found appealing was the Turkish Breakfast Plate.

10. 48thStreetCustom

48thStreetCustom

Nov 30, 2005
    Colorado
    Royalé with Cheese

image.jpeg

11. Lol, that's a great point!

GregC likes this.
  12. Dave W

Dave W Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2007
    Westchester, NY
    I came to post the same thing.

48thStreetCustom likes this.
  13. RustyAxe

RustyAxe

Jul 8, 2008
    Connecticut
    There's an ad here for McDonalds Lobster Roll. It portrays a father and son, on a lobster boat pulling in the traps. Then it cuts to afterward with dad & son getting lobster rolls ... at McDonalds. I can tell you there ain't a lobsterman in New England who'd buy a lobster roll from McD's.

14. But you are conditioned to buy a hamburger and fries at a fast food outlet.

And older folks were conditioned to drive a vehicle to a drive-in to eat hamburgers.

I don't know any other country where owning a Barbecue is a mainstay of life ( except maybe Australia & Canada).

North Americans are meataholics.

15. hondo4life

hondo4life

Feb 29, 2016
    SC
    I still go to the drive-in to eat a hamburger. Fries? Yeah, but only if I can dip them in my chocolate malt.

Aberdumbie likes this.
  16. Can't you dip them in a Bloody Mary?

Aberdumbie likes this.
  17. bolophonic

bolophonic

Dec 10, 2009
    Durham, NC
    I ate the HECK out of some Micky D's shrimpburgers in Japan. Like, I think I might have done it twice one day.

Aberdumbie likes this.
  18. Aberdumbie

Aberdumbie

Jan 22, 2016
    South Carolina
    Well dang. I clicked it and the page comes up but sends me to some game site...... I remember when in the Army in Germany. We could get beer but no ketchup for our fries at McDonalds. The beer made up for it tho.