1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

McKagan bass no fear logo

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mason01, Nov 18, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Mason01

Mason01

Nov 18, 2016
    Hello, you do not know under what name to find the logo "No Fear" which was Duff McKagan on bass guitar?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. elgranluis

elgranluis

Feb 14, 2003
    Vail, CO
    No fear logo. Quite popular in the 90s. Look for it in skate shops.

3. catcauphonic

catcauphonic High Freak of the Low Frequencies Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Seattle WA
  4. jaybones

jaybones Inactive

Mar 4, 2015
    Kelleys Island, Ohio
    none
    Yeah, this was a 90's thing. I believe before that the same company produced C&C Surf Shop or Ron Jon stickers.

5. Hey...wondering if anyone was able to find this No Fear image?

tumblr_nm44qvCQ3R1u9sj0qo1_1280.jpg

6. DDXdesign

DDXdesign formerly 'jammadave' Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 15, 2003
    Vegas
    Hell, there was even a No Fear pinball machine in the 90s!

jvalenzh likes this.
  7. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    Just challenged myself and used my best sleuthing skills...

Came up with this...

Nothing.

:)

I had a big round sticker on one of my basses once in the 90s that said, "Self Cleaning." It came off of a self cleaning cat litter box. I doubt anyone, if they wanted, would ever find that, either :) .

catcauphonic and jvalenzh like this.
  8. Axstar

Axstar Inactive

Jul 8, 2016
    Scotland.
    People have copied Billy Sheehan's Wife bass, right down to the old stickers on there. People have dredged up the old stickers Jerry Garcia has on his 'Alligator' Stratocaster.

There seems to be a vintage sticker community, so maybe these old No Fear stickers exist somewhere in collector circles. Would they be paper stickers or heavier vinyl decals?

From Googling, the issue is trying to find NOS stickers and decals rather than modern copyright-mocking reproductions.

jvalenzh likes this.
  9. PullThePlug

PullThePlug

Jan 8, 2014
    Sacramento
    Not even on Etsy...

Can't find the original image so you could send it to a sticker shop online either.

I'm going to keep digging, I like a challenge...

jvalenzh likes this.
  10. Thanks guys. Yeah the last resort would be to find a good resolution picture of Duff's bass and have it reproduced somewhere.

11. Fero78

Fero78

Jul 28, 2020
    I did mine from a pic I saw somewhere on internet 428207B0-07AA-4F87-AEC5-DB8490CF0D7D.jpeg

jvalenzh likes this.
  12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 9, 2021