McMaster Carr Customer service

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by TheMaynorD, Jan 2, 2021.

1. TheMaynorD

TheMaynorD Gold Supporting Member

Aug 28, 2013
    Oklahoma City
    Just wanted to give a positive pitch for the folks at McMaster-Carr for some outstanding customer service.

I ordered some threaded inserts and pickup screws to replace the stripped ones in my bass and got the wrong length. Emailed them to change it, and after a few e.ails got it fixed.

Turns out they already shipped the original order. Refunded me the money and I get to keep the order plus they are sending me the correct length.

If you have any hardware needs I highly recommend McMaster.com

claudel, RSBBass and Joshua like this.
  2. Geri O

Geri O Endorsing Artist, Mike Lull Guitars and Basses Gold Supporting Member

Sep 6, 2013
    Florence, MS
    McMaster Carr is a tad pricey, but the customer service (for questions before ordering) and probably 100 or more orders over the years with no mistakes or mix-ups makes it way worthwhile to keep buying from them.

Passinwind, claudel and TheMaynorD like this.
  3. claudel

claudel Supporting Member

My last buy from them got porch pirated or otherwise lost and they replaced it immediately with no hassle.

I wish I needed more hardware, I'd def give them more biz...

TheMaynorD and Geri O like this.
  4. bodollar

bodollar Supporting Member

May 3, 2004
    Memphis
    I've been using them for years, great products and customer service.

5. dwizum

dwizum

Dec 21, 2018
    My favorite part about using them is the insanely fast shipping. I don't know what magic they work behind the scenes. Maybe they have a secret warehouse in my back yard. But I will often order from them late in the day and get the package the next morning, using their standard shipping speed. I live in the middle of nowhere! Nothing ever gets here that fast from anyone!

TheMaynorD likes this.
  6. Arie X

Arie X

Oct 19, 2015
    those people set the bar pretty high. as expected for such good service, you pay for it.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 12, 2021