1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale McSpunckle, Jext Telez, Idiotbox

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by jbybj, May 15, 2019.

1. jbybj

jbybj Supporting Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Price:
    $100-$270
    For Sale we have a McSpunckle Gnomeratron V2 $270 SOLD
    Jext Telez DizzyTone V6 (big box battery only) $270
    Idiotbox Blowerbox $100

A few years ago the Blowerbox was the darling of TB. Understandable as it combines awesome fuzzy distortion, wide ranging EQ, low noise, in a small footprint, with great graphics and a reasonable price. This one never really made it into my rotation, so it is very clean. Velcro on bottom. Includes original box and packaging. $100 includes shipping to the CONUS.
    IMG_2352.
    IMG_2353.

The Jext Telez DizzyTone V6 has the NTK-275 transistor. This is the original big box version that only takes batteries, No DC power supply connection. This one sounds great on Bass, and for an old school fuzz, the DizzyTone is my favorite. I got a little carried away and ended up with three variations, so I can bring myself to let one go. This never made it out of the house, and is in excellent condition. When you can find these on Reverb, they tend to go for north of $300. My price of $270 includes the original box and packaging, a used battery, and shipping to the CONUS.
    IMG_2357.
    IMG_2360.
    IMG_2365.

SOLD The McSpunckle Gnomeratron VTF in my experience is in a class by itself. If you love a nice pungent 2-3 knob fuzz, where every setting is glorious, the Gnomeratron is NOT for you. This device has so many options in gain staging, signal flow, and EQ, that there are literally Billions of sounds in there. About 20% of them suck, self oscillation, blown out squealy noise, or just plain fart buckety. The other 80%, that's 80% of billions, is pretty spectacular. Fortunately, when you land on something acting in an unkind fashion, you are never very far, one pot or switch away, from making glorious fuzz. As far as I can tell, there were three versions of the Gnomeratron. I have one of each. Version one was a batch of 20 that was first offered here on TB. Tag board I think they call it, and it doesn't sound as good as the subsequent offerings. What I am selling here is version 2.
    Let me tell you about it. The Cleanish side, volume and tone, can be a parallel blend, bringing full frequency or rolled off clean to the fuzz. The Magic switch takes it from parallel and has it feeding the fuzz, allowing you to hit the fuzz stage super hard if you want. The first side switch and pot adjust the Cleanish side only, whether as a blend or a pre fuzz boost. With the side pot (level) all the way down, and the top pot maxed, the Cleanish is at unity, allowing for some big boost as you crank it. The switch puts a diode in the Cleanish circuit, combined with the side pot, you can get some sweet distortion out of just the Cleanish side, as a blend, or a pre fuzz boost.
    The Fuzz has two gain stages, each with a three position Diode switch. I don't remember exactly whats in there, but it acts like Silicon/None/Germanium. Side pots and switches 3 and 4 effect the two fuzz stages. Switches go from normal gain, to high gain, and the pots are gain for each stage. On the top pots, Fuzz is a master level for the Fuzz side, and Gain is another gain stage for both Fuzz stages, after the individual side pot gains.
    The Octave switch adds a Brassmaster style upper octave. The Octave falls between the two Fuzz stages, so if the first stage is set to lower gain, you don't notice the octave much. When you crank the gain on the first stage the octave really sings.
    The gate is self explanatory, and in some settings, essential.
    Tone is an LPF that only acts on the Fuzz side. The filter switch goes from scooped, to mid forward as the underlying flavor, both subject to the LPF.
    The second side pot is an overall output boost of the combined Cleanish and Fuzz. The second side switch engages a feedback loop, oh my.
    Lastly, the side pot between the I/O jacks is a voltage starve, 9v > 3v. There is no battery connection in the Gnomeratron, only DC jack. Velcro on bottom.
    As you can see, there is a lot going on in there. As I was testing it out today to verify functionality, I got lost in about 40 minutes of exploration, and, after about 5 years, I found sounds I had never heard before. Awesome, ripping, lovely sounds.
    Priced to move, $270 includes the original box and packaging, and shipping to the CONUS.

IMG_E2346.
    IMG_2347.
    IMG_2348.
    IMG_E2344.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 15, 2019
    JdoubleH and scottm like this.
  2. DDXdesign

DDXdesign formerly 'jammadave' Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    I've had two blower boxes and it's like I get amnesia - I can't remember why I've sold them, excepting that maybe I can do that sound with another pedal or something. So this one comes up and I'm very tempted to be like 'ok i'll bite again' ...

3. jbybj

jbybj Supporting Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Los Angeles
    When I was just testing it out, all knobs at noon, with a passive MM style pup, it had a very notable clank around 2khz. Maybe cool for some, but definitely a baked in tone.