1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

ME-20B or ME-50B?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by naruki, May 1, 2010.

1. naruki

naruki

May 1, 2010
    London
    What's the difference? Besides the price.

Anyone got experience using any of those two?

2. I've used both in a GC display setup.
    The 50 has more features, obviously, but here is why i bought the 50.
    -the controls on the 20 are not linked to the patch that you are playing.
    If you hit the pedal for reverb you still have to push the right soft button to adjust the settings.
    On the 50 whatever you're playing you can just reach down and all the knobs control the patch you are currently playing.
    -the expression pedal on the 50 controls more than just wah
    -the compressor is independent on the 50. With the 20 the compressor is a pedal effect, not a separate effect in the path.
    This was big for me.
    -I liked the sound of the 50s effects more than the 20s.
    -I liked the idea of the octave up effect on the 50. I turns out that there a slight delay and it doesn’t sound good clean,
    but if you use the octave-up and distortion it only distorts the octave-up and leaves the low notes clean, this sounds
    very cool and you don’t notice the delay.

Definitely find someplace to try out both, but the price concern disappeared for me when I found a used 50 for $150. Sold!

3. Chowowbus

Chowowbus

Mar 24, 2009
    Olympia WA
    I have wrote a lot of long posts on the ME-20.
    I say this in all kindness.... use the search, you will learn much about these units...My last post on the ME20 was yesterday....They both are good units that I would recomend for sure.
    Good luck :bassist:

4. change-jug

change-jug

Oct 11, 2008
    Buffalo,NY
    I have the ME-50b and really like it. The selling point to me was the independent control knobs for each effect. It makes it way more easy to use and to find useful combos with the other effects on the unit. Even though I have had this pedal for a few years and own a bunch of other more boutique types its still used very often.
    Hope that helps you!

5. naruki

naruki

May 1, 2010
    London
    I tried but I couldn't find anything.

And thanks, I'm gonna go for the 50B.

6. Bob C

Bob C

Mar 26, 2000
    Duluth, MN
    The search function can be a pain. Use the Advanced Search and type in ME-20B.

7. kreider204

kreider204

Nov 29, 2008
    Also try ME20B (without the dash).