Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ME-50B Stereo Jack question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by vicenzajay, May 3, 2005.

1. O.K.

Been using the ME-50B now for about 7 months. I'm enjoying it, but I'd like to know how (and with what type of connector) I can make use of the stereo output jacks. Do the 1/4 inch connectors both have to be mono? Is there a special connector that sums the stereo phases into a normal instrument cable?

You get the idea...just wanting to start taking advantage of the stereo out.

Jay

2. Lyle Caldwell

Lyle Caldwell

Sep 7, 2004
    Memphis
    You would use two mono 1/4" cables into two different amps or a stereo power amp. If you are running mono then there is no benefit to summing the outputs, and there may be detrimental phase issues. Just use the left output.

3. johnvice

johnvice

Sep 7, 2004
    Agreed. To make use of this you'd need;

A. Two seperate amps on either side of the stage. (If your DIing, you'd need two DI boxes, two channels on the PA and a patient soundman.)

B. The only effect in stereo is the delay (I think the chorus.) So you better be doing a lot of songs with that effect to justify a seperate amp (and maybe an extra DI box and PA channel)

If you really want a second amp, you could better use it to bi-amp with one amp for lwoer frewncies and the other for higher frequencies.

4. Passinwind

Passinwind I Know Nothing Supporting Member

You can also try sending one side to your stage rig, and the other to the front of house via DI. This works great in some rooms, in my experience.

5. As far as I know the ME-50B is not "Stereo". The jacks on the back are Dual Mono.

I've messed around with all of the Reverbs, Delays and Chrouses on the unit with a studio grade pair of headphones and can't find any stereo effects (the chorus doesn't go from on side to the other like a stereo chorus would,... and there are no ping pong delays).

6. I'll just leave it alone...I enjoy the unit for what it does, but I don't need to create another headache for either myself or our PA guy.

Thanks,
    Jay