Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ME-50B Stereo?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Big Benner, Aug 12, 2004.

1. I know that the ME-50B has stereo outputs, but does anyone know if it is actually true stereo, meaning are two different signals coming out of the left and right jacks, like a ping-pong delay, or stereo chorus where you actually hear the wave go from one side of the headphones to the other?

I've slapped on a pair of headphones and scrolled through the FX and didn't hear anything stereo, just dual mono.

2. Samurai

Samurai

Sep 13, 2003
    California
    I am almost positive I remember reading it's dual mono.

3. Joe Smithberger

Joe Smithberger Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2002
    Canton, Ohio, USA
    Does it send the same signal to L and R if the effects in use are not stereo?

4. Samurai

Samurai

Sep 13, 2003
    California
    It sends the same signal to both for everything.

5. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I'm finding it hard to believe that a unit advertised as stereo would send the same thing to both outputs when using a stereo effect. My bet is that it sends the same to both for mono effects and a stereo signal for stereo effects. I tried to look it up on their web site, but my browser is on the fritz.

6. Samurai

Samurai

Sep 13, 2003
    California
    The thing that is confusing me is that I think I remember reading that while the guitar one is stereo and the bass one is dual mono for some reason.