1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

ME-50B vs ME-20B vs B9.1UT

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Spot, Apr 25, 2010.

1. Spot

Spot

Dec 6, 2008
    Québec, Canada
    Hello everyone !!

I've used the search tool but didnt found exactly what i was looking for. :help:

I have around 300$ to 350$ and i want a multi effect to help me play the songs that my band play. Ex: Orion, Anastasia of Metalica. :ninja:

my main focus is the quality of sound. i already have an exellent sound without any effects. :bassist:

Wich one of thoses ME have the best distortion and the best wah ? :confused:

is any of thoses pedals have a true bypass ?

BOSS ME-50B
    BOSS ME-20B
    ZOOM B9.1UT
    (i really like this one)

Oh, and if someone have another suggestion for around the same amount of money (cheaper if possible lol ) feel free to tell me :) :hyper:

BTW. sorry for the bad english, im doing my best :meh:

2. ga_edwards

ga_edwards

Sep 8, 2000
    UK, Essex
    If the drive models in the ME20/50B are anything like the old GT6B, then they aren't that great. Great unit for other effects but badly let down by flat, uninspiring, digital sounding drives.

The zoom 9.1ut on the other hand has very natural sounding, tubey drives. Some of the other effects aren't quite up there with the Boss but it's a good all round unit and would choose this any day over the ME20/50B. Comparing to the GT10B though is another matter.

3. Spot

Spot

Dec 6, 2008
    Québec, Canada
    allright, thanks mate :D

4. bertrand TB

bertrand TB

Apr 10, 2010
    Dunkirk
    B9.ut1 is very good, "les petits plus": the 12AU7 tube and the "9.1ut Editor Librarian"

[​IMG]

5. Spot

Spot

Dec 6, 2008
    Québec, Canada
    one last question, is the Digitech BP200 any good ?

6. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    The boss me-50b is not too shabby of a choice for getting that orion and anesthesia(pulling teeth) by metallica sound. but if you like how the zoom b9.1ut sounds, go with that. I've been hearing many good things about that multi-effects processor.

7. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    The digitech bp200 is more suitable for beginners in my opinion. If you want a better choice of a portable multi-effects processor, I would suggest purchasing a zoom b2.1u.

8. Spot

Spot

Dec 6, 2008
    Québec, Canada
    ok i think ill go with the b9.1ut

Thanks for the input guys :D

9. Spot

Spot

Dec 6, 2008
    Québec, Canada
    Hello !!

I was about to buy the B9.1ut when i heard about the Rocktron Utopia B300.

From what i saw (and heard) it look like a nice ME.

Any tough ?

10. kreider204

kreider204

Nov 29, 2008
    I have the ME-20B, I like the wah quite a bit, but the distortions are just average.

11. Spot

Spot

Dec 6, 2008
    Québec, Canada
    well, i was hoping for input about the Rocktron Utopia B300, there is not a lot of reviews about it.

I really liked the sound on the official video but i would love to see a review from someone who have an unbiased judgment.

12. Sav'nBass

Sav'nBass Supporting Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Northern Va.
    I had a Zoom B2... it was decent... and I now have a Boss GT 10B which I really like.. I know someone who has thew 50 and from what I have heard it is decent.. b ut you may get more bang for the buck with the 9.1..

13. Chowowbus

Chowowbus

Mar 24, 2009
    Olympia WA
    If you already have a sound you are happy with, I might add that an advantage to the ME20B is that is very sterile sounding, cheap, and is not cluttered with useless effects that I never use. Plus it is by far the easiest to use, especially when you have to change settings on the fly at a gig. Its also battery powered if need be. :hyper:

I had the zoom for about 2 weeks and dumped it. It was complicated and had a ton if utterly useless noises.

I tried the ME 50B, and I did not like how the certain effects had a delay time when switching to certain ones. A lot of folks talk about this problem with this unit. The ME 20 does not suffer from this problem. ME 50 can also use battery power.

I goofed with the Rocktron for about 45 minutes and found it to be a pain to use. Granted thats not enough time to give a truly good opinion on this unit, but I did consider it.

Good luck with your decision.