1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Me a bad bass player

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Coutts_is_god, Feb 2, 2004.

1. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    So in Agust my friend was selling a cheap 91 Vista Strat Copy for 90$. I bought it. I Play it when i watch Tv But i don't have a amp for my poor little red guitar. Does this make me a bad Bass Player?

2. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    No, why?

3. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    Don't feel bad, I've been playing bass for the past 7 years and a few months ago i bought a cheapie acoustic guitar to mess around on. I alter between standard guitar tuning and straight 4ths. That's all

4. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    what!?

what are you talking about!? i love dr. pepper, but one day i bought a coke, does that make me racist against dr. pepper? i don't see why in the world that, buying a guitar and playing it would make you a bad bass player man.

5. Though we give alot of bass players who play guitar alot of guff, its all in love. You are definately not a bad bass player for wanting to dink around on the guitar, if anything it makes you a better bassist or atleast a better overall musician. I mess around on the acoustic guitar, trumpet and keyboard from time to time too.

6. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    No, it makes you a bad guitar player. If you take to "practicing" your bass in front of the t.v. - that will make you a bad bass player.
    ;)

7. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    My Dad Yelled at me when I bought. He said something about "why can't you buy Video games Instead? You waste your money all the time. I thought you liked Bass"
    I said "I don't like video games! Its my money! I worked for it myself! I like music!"
    I just thought to ask the qustion now.

8. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    My parents say whenever people make comments to them about how many basses i have, the amount i've spent etc that there are far worse things i could be spending money on. :cool:

9. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    Very true! I quit drinking 13 years ago, and everytime I want to buy equipment I tell my wife, at least I'm not spending it on booze :p It's kind of like a reward or something.

Yeah man, play guitar all you want, it may come in handy for song writing.