Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Me a bad bass player

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Coutts_is_god, Feb 2, 2004.

1. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    So in Agust my friend was selling a cheap 91 Vista Strat Copy for 90$. I bought it. I Play it when i watch Tv But i don't have a amp for my poor little red guitar. Does this make me a bad Bass Player?

2. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    Don't feel bad, I've been playing bass for the past 7 years and a few months ago i bought a cheapie acoustic guitar to mess around on. I alter between standard guitar tuning and straight 4ths. That's all

3. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    what!?

what are you talking about!? i love dr. pepper, but one day i bought a coke, does that make me racist against dr. pepper? i don't see why in the world that, buying a guitar and playing it would make you a bad bass player man.

4. Though we give alot of bass players who play guitar alot of guff, its all in love. You are definately not a bad bass player for wanting to dink around on the guitar, if anything it makes you a better bassist or atleast a better overall musician. I mess around on the acoustic guitar, trumpet and keyboard from time to time too.

5. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    No, it makes you a bad guitar player. If you take to "practicing" your bass in front of the t.v. - that will make you a bad bass player.
    ;)

6. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    My Dad Yelled at me when I bought. He said something about "why can't you buy Video games Instead? You waste your money all the time. I thought you liked Bass"
    I said "I don't like video games! Its my money! I worked for it myself! I like music!"
    I just thought to ask the qustion now.

7. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    My parents say whenever people make comments to them about how many basses i have, the amount i've spent etc that there are far worse things i could be spending money on. :cool:

8. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    Very true! I quit drinking 13 years ago, and everytime I want to buy equipment I tell my wife, at least I'm not spending it on booze :p It's kind of like a reward or something.

Yeah man, play guitar all you want, it may come in handy for song writing.