Me and a knife

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Peter McFerrin, Sep 29, 2002.

1. I have gotten two separate cuts on my hands from the same kitchen knife in the past 18 hours--one on the tip of my right finger and the other on the side of my left thumb.

No love.
  2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    it's the Yamaha fretless gettin back at ya...

Sell it on eBay huh?

..... the nerve :rolleyes:

(I saw it in my "lets get depressed over sh!t we can't buy" eBay fretless search... If I wasn't buying a new combo and completely broke I'd snag it from you in a heart beat)
  3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I'd say you ought to be a little more careful.
  4. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    You know whats really freaky?

When you get pretty deep cuts on your finger tips with no bleeding because your skin has thickend to an incredible point from playing bass.

Its cool to show people though.

5. Playing with a bandage over my ring fingertip didn't really affect me all that much at jazz rehearsal today, and we were playing "Have You Met Miss Jones?" at Warp 7.
  6. yeah, and the good thing about bass playing is, you lose one finger, you got 3 more! (4 if you count the thumb)
  7. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000

Dr. Hibbert Voice On

A thumb is not a finger.

Dr. Hibbert Voice Off

Peter, I am appalled. You managed to cut yourself twice in 18 hours with the same knife!

Give the other knifes a chance, willya?:p

Better heal from the current wounds first, though.
  8. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    if i have to hear or play that shmoozy azz song one more time ill shoot someone.
  9. The melody's lame, I admit, but it sets up some nice improvisational possibilities.
  10. Have you tried picking the knife up by the handle ? ;)
  11. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    i don't think i could cut my fingertips with anything short of a ginsu. 4 years or dr loriders plus upright will do that to you.

OTOH, the inside of the 2nd joint on my index is not so tough, as evidenced by the scar tissue lump there and the loss of feeling from stabbing myself in the finger there last november.
  12. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Id check your finger tips if I were you.

Youd be suprised at how deep its gotta go before bleeding.

Ive cut off slices from my finger tips nearly a mm thick that I dont notice untill someone points out that I have a flap of finger hanging from my hand.

Ive also noticed deep cuts on my fingers days after finishing whatever the last job I did with a knife was.

Its pretty crazy.

13. Hey, at least you don't cook for a living and are going to chef school. I usually get bearable cuts, bt just last week i cut the tip of my index finger. Luckily, i could use the other four.
  14. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX

brad cook

15. *The Tick voice on*:

Actually this knife is rather unwieldy.

*The Tick voice off*

16. was the first cut the deepest?
    (sorry, someone had to say it)
  17. Not only are you smug, you cut yourself to prove your smugness. I will go find a rock to beat my head on now before practice so I can tell everyone about it... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  18. Peter, I'd say at your next jazz rehearsal, you guys should play "Mac (Ferrin) the Knife," eh? ;)

seriously though pete, you're more dangerous than notduane's ex.
  20. Thanks, you've been great. Enjoy Firefall. (Apologies to Bill Scheft.)