me and my girlfriend have broken up(not whining...well maybe a little)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Stanley Design, May 31, 2003.

1. Well, me and my girlfriend of almost a year have just broken up, she was horrible to me, yet I love her very very much. She was my entire life the whole time, and I had put 100% into the relationship. She obviously did not, but I wont go into it for the sake of not complaining, I'll just miss her is all. It's hard getting over the loss of a love. I wanted to share this with you all, and I will let you know how I progress. Feel free to add your own feelings as well.
  2. thanks man, and no, your number 1;)

i dont really know whats up, im not really too upset, and its creepy, because i really dont know why, i feel a lot of pain, but its distant, and only a little worse when i phone her, she was more than the love of my life, she was my best friend, so its wierd how im taking it so well, any reason you guys can think of? oh and thanks guys, talking about it really helps, ill be on here a lot more then usual, just because i dont feel as lonly.:bassist:
  3. babecker

Mar 7, 2002
    Sykesville, MD
    Plenty of hot fish in the sea, brother.

It sucks now, but such pain is fleeting and next time around you'll have an even better idea of what you're looking for. Time to put on the daddy pants.
  4. Todd, firstly I'm sorry to hear about your trouble.

Secondly, why would you love someone who treats you horribly? You don't have to answer here, answer this in your head.

Try to find someone who treats you as well as you treat them.

NOBODY deserves any less than that. ;)

Good luck.

5. Sorry to hear it Todd! Looking at your profile, I guess I split up with a girl (my first real girlfriend, and the first one I really loved) at about your age. We'd been seeing each other a little less than a year.

I was devastated! Healing just takes a little time. Get busy, do the things you enjoy doing! Days will go by, weeks will go, you meet another girl! Then you can start the whole process again!;)

All the best with it dude! Take care!
  6. Hey, I've been there bro. It's funny how sometimes the stereotype describe how men are usually faster in forgetting their ex. Just look on the bright side, many which are already mentioned. Just stay away from alcohol, drugs etc. It will always turn out for the better if you let yourself have it.
  7. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    ah, puppy love. -sigh-

hang in there, todd. it gets better.
  8. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    not pirate kitty love?
  9. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Intellectually, you knew by the way she treated you that she really didn't love you. Your brain is relieved that it's over. Your boner is not.
  10. Suburban_punk

May 13, 2003
    Yeah man...We all have hangups at first..You'll see, it gets WAY better.

Keep your chin up!
  11. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Girlfriends suck... they always like, break up with you and stuff... they should knock it off... they know we will always come back for more... those evil females... grr. but they are so sexy... AAAAH!
  12. Suburban_punk

May 13, 2003

No doubt about coming back for round two and getting worked even harder.
  13. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    This is truth.

I'm pretty sure (Unless I was MAJORLY DESPRATE) that I would not love anyone that treated me like crap.
  14. wow, its been almost a week, ive learned so much, and done so much, and i know realize that it was all my fault that this happened, not hers. and i did so much bad stuff, im a horrible person for not realizing that she would misinterpret as much as she did, i was horrible and mentally abusive, i really deserved to be dumped, even if i didnt get a chance to fix my errors, i dont really know if i deserve one, i really was a horrible person. never again will i let that happen, i just wish i could prove that to her, i do know that she loved me and i love her still, she cares for me still but is scared ill be like that again, im learning, but i deserve whatever comes to me. i should have taken more steps to be better as i had done in the first 8 months, for some reason the last 2 or 3 i really slacked off and was a complete ***hole, a monster, and i just hope i can be forgiven. ive made a lot of developments, but i didnt really want to post them, i thought this thread would die out and be forgotten, didnt want to be a whining 16 year old, as always, and thought about deleting this thread, but i wont, ill leave it. thanks for all the replies
  15. Suburban_punk

May 13, 2003
    Ok sorry I need to pipe up. (maybe I should bite my tongue)

Dude, it sounds like you're the one being mentally abused.
    It takes 2 to tango.
    Don't let this weigh on you...Thats what I'm hearing anyway.
  16. Prime Mover

Prime Mover

Feb 16, 2003
    TN, USA
    Break ups suck, but give it some time. You two may end up as friends...Ah hell, what do I know? :meh:
  17. incognito89x

incognito89x ♪♫♪ ♪ ♪ ♫&#983

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Oh so elequently put :D
  18. true, we all make mistakes, the big thing was i learn from them and she never did, and i always came out as the bad guy, im over her, and am moving on, her loss, not mine.
  19. sorry to hear about your breakup. they are always hard. make sure you take care of yourself. :bawl: :(