Me and my Lakland

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Sanctum, Feb 27, 2004.

1. I so want another one!
  2. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Since when did Anthony Kedis play bass??? :rolleyes: :D

Anyways, Nice lakland. That a 55-02? I have wanted to play the 02's. I've only got a hold of the 01's.
  3. hhahahahha

yea, 55-02
  4. :cool:

How do you like the sound?

How do you set your pickup balance, tone controls?
  5. yea, well this pic is from the first large venue we played since i've had the bass, last weekend. I was running through a DI to the house, Mesa/SansAmp rig onstage. Most of what was heard out front was house. My friend from another band (bass player) was blown away ... he said "your new rig sounds awesome" - and then I told him that was all Lakland out front.

Through the monitors onstage, it was also great. This bass has everything I could ever want. I can get some serious Geddy Lee / Fender growl from it, smoother jazzier tone, etc. Whatever.

For the most part, I have my mids and treble set flat, a slight boost on the bass. Most songs I play with the pickups set 50/50, and then I play with the coil switch for variety. A few songs I only use the neck pickup. I'm still playing around with it all though.

I'm going to buy a 55-02 deluxe with maple neck as soon as I sell my Spector.
  6. I like that QSC Mesa rig you have, what else is in that rack?

Nice Lakie by the way.
  7. In the rack:

Furman Power Conditioner
    Korg Tuner
    Tech 21 SansAmp
    QSC 1602

and tucked in the back of the rack is a BBE Sonic Maximizer

Cab is a Mesa 1516 - I'd like another one of these too :cool:

I sold all my Eden gear to put this together. Eventually I'd like to get another SansAmp for switching, as I like to add a little more dirt to some songs, but right now turning the dial isnt a big deal. Best preamp I've ever owned.
  8. Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL

So that's the "secret" ingredient
  9. it does help the rig a lot ... but going through a DI box bypasses all that, the bass itself has great tone. I've been recording with it too lately, and am really happy ... even going direct to the board.
  10. Mud Flaps

Mud Flaps

Feb 3, 2003
    Norton, MA
    I use a 44-02, I hope to get a 55-02 fretless over the summer. In fact, my 44-02 is going into the shop soon because of grounding problems, but I'm also switching to a maple board.

Check out the Lakland megathread for details about both our basses (Sanctum and mine).
  11. Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    That Sansamp RBI (or DI) is possibly the greatest preamp ever. All the different tones you can get is simply amazing. It also works wonders for harmonics. Even with my ric, I can get a variety of tones.
  12. hateater

hateater snatch canadian cream

May 4, 2001
    Eugene, OR
    I would really like either a Daryll Jones signature JB, or a Lakland Skyline 55-02 dlx. Man thoes would be sweet.