Me and my three!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Slaphappy, Jul 7, 2002.

1. Hopefully this will be IT.....for awhile at least! ;)

The Stingray and the souped-up Jazz were just added...I've had that Precision for a year or so.

2. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Cool basses.:D I really like the burst on the Stingray. Nice.

I finally got some pics taken of mine, too (bought a digital camera this weekend).

Now if I could only figure out how to post pics on here. Can anyone give me some sort of an idea??:confused:
  3. Here's a couple more of the Jazz....

Picked this one up from The Dude, Steve Barr over at . Here's what it's made up of:

-Fender '62 Reissue Jazz body (it was dated to have been built sometime in the 80's)

-Moses graphite fretless neck

-Bartolini PUPs, specially made for fretlesses

-Hipshot Ultralite tuners

-Schaller roller bridge

-J-Retro Preamp

-TI Jazz Flats (JF344) strings

Plays like a dream, with tons of Mwah! The J-Reto preamp that Steve dropped in it for me is awesome, and really brings out the tone. You can get more info on the J-retro at Steve's website that I linked to above.

4. Thanks Ryan! :)

Posting pix is a snap. You're going to need a host site for your photos; either your own site if you have one to store them at, or you can use a service like I do. I use . There are many others out there, as I'm sure others here will chime in with to give you some options.

Then, after the photos are up at a site, you just link to them using the vbcode IMG box. It's all really easy. :)
  5. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    What do you think of the Moses neck?

Is it smooth to play, how does the sound compare?

Thats a pretty sweet collection BTW.

6. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    All I have to say is.. Somebody likes sunbursts :)

That reminds me, I knew a guy who had pics of both his former g/f and his present g/f in his wallet. He haden't noticed that they both had same kind of hair, looked much alike and wore same kind of shirts in the pics until I mentioned it.

So, you know all your basses are sunburst, Slappy? ;)
  7. Jodaka

Jun 28, 2001
    Riverview, FL
    that's my second fav color on a mm/sterling. it was my first choice until i saw the trans orange in person (even the eb site doesn't do the orange any justice). i've been gassing for a jazz and a fretless, and i think i've just found the cure for that. now all i need is a map to your house :D . beautiful basses...
  8. Thanks for the compliments, guys! As you can see, all three of them blushing ;)

Nick, this is my first experience with a graphite neck, and I gotta say I'm really impressed. It plays very well, very smooth. I've moved it thru a few significant temp/climate changes, and it's totally stable. The sound and feel are great, not sterile in any kind of way. No deadspots that I can find, and I think this neck actually enhances the mwah factor. I'm stoked!

Tsal, you are very observant :) I DO like a good's just the way things happened to work out for each of these. The Ray picked ME with its combination of playability, rosewood board, and that unique Burnt Apple burst. It was the best one in the store.

The Jazz came that way. It's beautiful.

The Precision was one that I ordered that way(didn't own any 'bursts at the time!).

Jodaka, yeah, the MM site really doesn't show the finishes in their glory, especially the metalflake ones like Burnt Apple and Autumn Red, to name a couple. You really have to see them in person. This picture still doesn't capture the finish as well as I'd like...
  9. snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    Whaddaya mean, that's it? I don't see a fiver in that bunch. Or a G&L. You need to round out your "Made by Leo" collection. What about a Ric, and then a boutique? Sheesh, man, snap out of it.
  10. Originally posted by snyderz
    Whaddaya mean, that's it? I don't see a fiver in that bunch. Or a G&L. You need to round out your "Made by Leo" collection. What about a Ric, and then a boutique? Sheesh, man, snap out of it.

lol! :D

Well, for the record....

I had a Roscoe Beck 5 string for several months, and it was my main bass. However, because of my particular wrist and the width of that fingerboard, I developed VERY bad tendonitus, which took months to heal. Had to sell it. Probably the best sounding bass I ever owned. :( Looked at a lot of Stingray 5's, but I just find I prefer 4's anymore.

G&L.....maybe someday. Haven't found one yet that sparked my interest. They are built so well and are really versatile, though. first bass in 1990 was a 4003 in Fireglo. My brother has it now. Then in 1999 I got a 4001V63 in Mapleglo, which is the best sounding Rick on the planet. But, I felt that a Stingray was much better suited to my 'bass destination' so I sold it to another player who I know and trust it with.

Boutique basses aren't quite the sound I'm going for, but I get my fix whenever I go see my luthier, Mike Lull, and play around on the ones he has on display at his shop. :)
  11. nice, man. looks like you've got the "tone triumvirate" now.
  12. superphat

Sep 30, 2001
    uh, hello, aren't you the moderator??!!??
  13. CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    That I was thinking about!!!!!! weird:confused:
  14. ooh, pass the bean-o, major GAS attack!
  15. Ryan L.

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Umm, yeah, I think so.:)

Seriously, though, I haven't had a digital camera up until now, so I have never bothered trying to post pics anywhere (except smaller ones that I can just attach from my computer).

Now that Paul upped the attachment size, I can just do most of them that way, I guess. I have pics up at Club Photo now, but when I try to stick em on here, I just get the pretty red X on the post.:rolleyes:

I'll get it though.....................................:oops:
  16. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    I dig the basses Slap. I really dig the Jazz bass with the moses fretless neck. Thats my favorite color on fender jazz basses.
  17. Peter, I've owned three fretted Jazzes. I just have to say I could never entirely connect with the fretted Jazz sound...this fretless is an entirely different beast, and it has better balance than any Jazz I've tried.

Snaggletooth...careful dude! I'm only a few miles from you, and the wind is right for it ;)

Ryan, you're almost there. Here's the trick with ClubPhoto (thanks again to Steve Barr for showing me this trick months ago):

Select a picture, click on it. Up comes the picture in it's window.

Now, RIGHT click on the picture.

Go down to Properties, and click it.

Now, see that Address (URL) line? Copy that baby and paste! You're there! :)

Thank you, Idiezman! :D I was just playing on that one a few moments ago.....aaahhhhhh....
  18. Ryan L.

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND

So, something like this???

HA!!! It worked!!:D :cool:

Thank you for explaining, Slaphappy.:)
  19. pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    nice basses all through the post!