Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

me any my edc 705

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Billyjoe3969, May 14, 2003.

1. Billyjoe3969

Billyjoe3969

Nov 4, 2002
    i bought an ibanez edc705 for 250 bucks off my friend a few weeks ago. It plays pretty good but there are some questions that i have.
    1.what kinda of polish should i use, becuse it is a luthie (sp?) body i ma not sure if i should treat it like normal or wha
    2. does anyone kno what all off those knobs are for?
    3.how do i play punk? like wha would i do to my eq or bass?
    -thx

2. Hey there, Billyjoe3969.

To answer your questions in their order:

1) I don't know what kind of polish you should use. Sorry, maybe someone else can suggest something.
    2) As for the knobs, here's a link to the old Ibanez site: http://www.ibanez.co.jp/world/country/frame_germany.html

This is what the 2003 version of your bass looks like: http://www.ibanez.com/guitars/guitar.asp?model=EDC715

I don't know what settings you'd use for punk, but, what I'd suggest is start with all your tone controls flat (middle setting) and then slowly turn each one and listen to the differences they produce. Take half an hour or so to just mess with your bass and amp. Write down the settings that you like, this way you can dial them up fast and won't forget them.

Good luck.

Mike

3. On that first link, click on basses, then Ergodyne and then scroll down and click on EDC705.

It doesn't take you there directly as I'd thought.

Mike

4. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    I traded mine in not too long ago, but I semi-regret it. Its a nice bass. Here is alittle help.

1) Don't use polish. Just cloth. If yu have to, moisten it with your breath. Polish really doesn't do anything anyways.

2)OK, from the input jack over, here are the controls. 1. Bottom: Mid boost, Top: Mid sweep 2. Bottom: Bass boost, Top: treble boost. 3. Pickup Balance, 4. Volume

I found the best settings for punk like this: Turn the bass and treble all the way up, cut the mids all the way, turn the pickup balance all the way to the right. I find it sort of a trebly Stingray. From there, adjust the mids until you do find the sound you like.

Hope that helped.

~Patrick